Want to organize a get-together with forum pals at a local eatery or pub? Plan it here!

Bombay Grill Anyone???

no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Bombay Grill Anyone???

by GaryF » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:55 pm

So I thought I'd bring the discussion over here- as per Stephen's suggestion let's do a Bombay outing.
With the shrimp and grits event in the near future maybe we should aim for late Feb or early March?
Thoughts? Comments?
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

Re: Bombay Grill Anyone???

by Paul Mick » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:58 pm

Alas Gary, if only I typed more quickly or was less verbose, I would have started the thread before you. However, I defer to your haste and post my thoughts from the other thread here.

"As a carryover from the restaurants forum, who wants to go to Bombay grill in the near future? They have a lunch buffet every day of the week. (11-230 M-F; 12-3 S/S) Additionally, they are open for dinner from 5 until 9:30.

I can personally make it out most days during lunch, but the days that I can't are fairly random so it wouldn't be worth it to try and list them here. Same goes for dinner.

How does Saturday Jan 24th sound?

I'm not sure how amenable they might be to doing this, especially as I've never been there before, but does anyone think that we might be able to organize a "Traditional Indian Banquet" a la the offline at Red Pepper a while back. It doesn't really matter one way of the other in the end, but I think the idea has a lot of potential if we could somehow swing it.

What does everyone else think?"
Last edited by Paul Mick on Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

Re: Bombay Grill Anyone???

by Tom Holstein » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:03 pm

I'm down with this one......... :D

1/24 won't work for me.

I agree with Gary spacing this one out to FEB-MAR.......beyond S&G Throwdown.