Want to organize a get-together with forum pals at a local eatery or pub? Plan it here!
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Holiday gathering

by Gayle DeM » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:46 am

We had such a good time at the "Welcome to Kentucky" gathering for Steve and Becky that I'd like to host an offline Louisville Hotbytes holiday gathering at my home. Since it will be in my home, I will have to limit participation to the first 35/36 "yes" respondents. I really don't see this as a problem as I don't think there have been more than this number at any offline event.

The date and time are Sunday, December 14, 6:00 p.m. I am thinking of a tapas (small dishes) party, both sweets and savories, more or less open house style. Bring what you wish food and/or beverage. I'm sure that no one will go away hungry! :lol:

So send me a PM if you will be able to attend, and I will send you directions to my home.

Gayle DeM
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Linda B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:48 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Holiday gathering

by Linda B » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:50 pm

Gayle,

Mark & I would love to come to the party! Will be thinking of an appetizer to bring. Thanks for the invitation!

Linda & Mark
Linda Kunz Bayens
Owner of Cooking at the Cottage (502) 893-6700 &
Full time Realtor for Re/Max Associates since 1982 (502) 452-2527
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:29 am

Gayle DeM wrote:We had such a good time at the "Welcome to Kentucky" gathering for Steve and Becky that I'd like to host an offline Louisville Hotbytes holiday gathering at my home. Since it will be in my home, I will have to limit participation to the first 35/36 "yes" respondents. I really don't see this as a problem as I don't think there have been more than this number at any offline event.

The date and time are Sunday, December 14, 6:00 p.m. I am thinking of a tapas (small dishes) party, both sweets and savories, more or less open house style. Bring what you wish food and/or beverage. I'm sure that no one will go away hungry! :lol:

So send me a PM if you will be able to attend, and I will send you directions to my home.

Gayle DeM

Gayle,

Thanks for (another) invite...Becky and I will be there with little (sleigh) bells on. Your invitation coincides with one of Becky's big "baking" weekends, so you can count on her for something "sweet".
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Gayle DeM » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:50 pm

Just a "heads up." The Holdiay gathering is still on for Sunday, December 14 at 6:00 P.M. So far those attending are

Mark and Linda Bayens
Suzi Bernert and Richard M
Bob and Carol Carnighan
Matthew Crow
Gayle DeM
Mike and Andrea E
Gary F
Robin Garr and Mary Johnson
Carla Griffin
John and Annie Hagan
Tom and Gina Holstein
Nancy Inman
Steve and Becky P
Doogy R
Steve Shade and Sandy
Bill Veneman
Ed Vermillion plus two

I'll be sending out the directions to my house at the beginning of the week. And yes, there is room for a few more.

Gayle DeM
Last edited by Gayle DeM on Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:19 pm

Gayle,
Did something change and I missed it? The original post says the 14th, not the 7th. The 14th is what I wrote on my calendar. Sure hope it is still the 14th!!! Thanks--we are really looking forward to seeing everyone.
Carol
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Gayle DeM » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:29 pm

Whoops, you are right, Carol. The party is on Sunday, the 14th. I don't know what happened to my fingers as I posted that. I will go edit it right now. Thank you for catching it. That would have been embarassing as I am already scheduled to host another party tomorrow evening. :oops:
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:37 pm

YEAH!!! I was scared I had gotten confused--not too hard these days!!!
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Gayle DeM » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:09 am

Here's the group for Sunday evening's holiday gathering:

Mark and Linda Bayens
Suzi Bernert and Richard Meadows
Bob and Carol Carnighan
Rebecca Clark
Matthew Crow
Gayle DeM
Mike and Andrea E
Robin Garr and Mary Johnson
Carla Griffin
John and Annie Hagan
Tom and Gina Holstein
Nancy Inman
Marsha Lynch and John
Steve and Becky P
Doogy R
Steve Shade and Sandy
Bill Veneman
Ed Vermillion plus two

I'll send out the directions to my home by PM this afternoon. Let me know if I have missed someone. Happy holidays!
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:28 pm

Cindy, Duncan & I are looking forward to it (NO HURRICANES,PLEASE). I'm bringing pastitsio if that's all right.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Gayle DeM » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:15 pm

I just finished making a batch of Norwegian meatballs for the gathering on Sunday. I wasn't going to, but someone at Melillo's on Monday, looked at me and said "I can't wait for your meatballs." Can't remember who, but they are made, :)
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Gathering's at Gayle's and WIND

by Bill Veneman » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:59 pm

Has anybody else noticed this trend and should she change the spelling of her name to GAIL?
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Gayle DeM » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:11 pm

I think you mean "Gale." See you soon! Gayle DeM, alias ""Windy
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:01 am

What a wonderful wonderful time we had! Gayle was, as usual, the most gracious hostess and the crowd of guests were fabulous. The food was all so yummy and innovative but what else could you have expected with that group? Absentee friends were greatly missed. We hope those of you that were going to come that couldn't make it are well and safe and were just other wise detained. Thank you Gayle for being so generous with your time and by opening your lovely home to us.I had a wonderful time.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:08 am

Thank you Gayle. Anne and I had a wonderful time. Everything we tried was great, including the Durian fruit! I will echo Carla by saying we hope those who did not make it are safe and sound. Thanks again.
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:19 am

John Hagan wrote:Thank you Gayle. Anne and I had a wonderful time. Everything we tried was great, including the Durian fruit! I will echo Carla by saying we hope those who did not make it are safe and sound. Thanks again.

Sorry we couldn't make it. Mary has a root canal coming up and developed a toothache during the afternoon, so partying didn't seem right. :( I took her over to Tacos Toreados hoping that maybe a carne asada taco or two could slide down without chewing, but it didn't work. Then we went over to Compline at St. Matthew's Episcopal, figuring a quiet period might be calming. It seemed to help. We missed seeing you guys, though!
Next