Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Arbor Ridge

no avatar
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

Arbor Ridge

by Jeffrey D. » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:41 am

Anybody know anything about this newish restaurant in Crestwood? The only thing I could find was a negative review online by some traveler. Anybody been there yet? Thanks.
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

Re: Arbor Ridge

by Jackie R. » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:42 pm

Travelers give a lot of mean reviews, don't they? I had a nasty exchange with that one from the trip adviser that slammed the Oakroom back in the spring. I think it was Linda B(?) that posted a link about it here and I was so offended by his big city self importance. Brought the devil outta me.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:51 pm

I recently gave a great review of the original Primanti's in Pitt. It was well deserved.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:42 pm

Arbor Ridge is owned and operated by Neil Gilder and his wife. Neil used to be the GM at Big Springs Country Club and before that a high end club in North Carolina. Food quality is very good, service is what is becoming the norm. Neil is committed to serving the best.
I would recommend trying it for yourself.
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Steve Cecil

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:26 pm

Oldham County

by Steve Cecil » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:42 pm

I live about a mile from there. It's been on our short-list for a while. I'll add a report after we try it.
no avatar
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:40 pm

We tried Arbor Ridge Grill last night – very nice. Four of us. Here’s my brief report:

Appetizers: Chicken quesadilla with big chunks of chicken and excellent; Blue cheese and onion tart – ok, but not as tasty as one would expect.

Soups: bean with ham, and chicken rice – both reported as “really good.”

Entrees: 12 oz., on-bone, grilled pork chop – fine, and huge; crab cakes – lots of meat and nicely prepared; shrimp in penne pasta with dried tomato, olives and other stuff with a creamy tomato sauce – tasty; and medallions of tenderloin stuffed with lobster (but not a lot of lobster) - really good. All but the pasta came with whole green beans and roasted potatoes.

Everybody was quite pleased. Food-wise, it was sort of a Napa-lite. And less expensive. With a nice bottle of Kris pinot grigio (at an unexpected 40% discount, as are all bottles on Tues – Thurs) and a glass of Cycles Gladiator cab (no comments on the wine choices, please – it was out of my control, not that I would have done any better), coffee, tea and a house salad, the check was $128 plus a $32 tip for very enthusiastic and very attentive, but not very experienced, service. Not too busy the night before T-giving.

We liked it. We’ll go back. Give them a try.
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
no avatar
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

by John Greenup » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:38 pm

A fine addition to the OC dining scene....at a recent group dinner (outside dining before the weather turned cold) included the crab cakes, surf 'n turf and grilled cod....all very good....limited adult beverage menu (beer and wine)...small, but respectable wine list...a little pricey for some, perhaps, but Oldham County definitely needs more restaurants of this caliber....
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn