Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Welcome to this new forum section!

by Robin Garr » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:00 pm

As discussed in the "Cabin" thread, there seems to be enough interest in local music and the arts to justify a new forum section devoted specifically to these topics, and with the close ties between LouisvilleHotBytes.com and LEO, we ought to be able to take advantage of that connection for more info.

I've moved the "Cabin" thread into this section, and invite all of you with an interest in these topics to fill it up with good, civil and intelligent talk. And, whenever you'd like, announcements of coming music, arts and culture events and the like.

Here's the official description of the forum section, but as always, we're pretty loose about slipping off-topic. Enjoy!

Louisville Music and Art
Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: Welcome to this new forum section!

by TP Lowe » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:57 pm

Hey, thanks, Robin - this should be fun!

Will it be too uncool to provide links to events/activities/etc that we are individually involved in? All my efforts these days are not for profit, so I don't think there would be any conflicts of interest in directing folks attention to a good exhibit or concert.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:25 pm

TP Lowe wrote:Hey, thanks, Robin - this should be fun!

Will it be too uncool to provide links to events/activities/etc that we are individually involved in? All my efforts these days are not for profit, so I don't think there would be any conflicts of interest in directing folks attention to a good exhibit or concert.

No, not at all, TP. As with the food and off-topic sections, spam is only unpalatable if it takes the form of a stealthy effort to profit at forumites' expense. It's always a good practice to *mention* your connection, but certainly the section is here in large part to help promote events.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:41 pm

In that case, I'll dive in and get us started:

Here is a link to some basic info on a wonderful show at the Speed Museum: "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness: American Art From the Yale University Art Gallery." This show is the first time that the Yale gallery has allowed a large part of their collection to tour. If you are a history and/or art fan, it's a must see!

http://speedmuseum.org/exhibitions.html#Life

(full disclosure: I'm vice-chair of the Speed board)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:34 am

TP Lowe wrote:In that case, I'll dive in and get us started:

Here is a link to some basic info on a wonderful show at the Speed Museum: "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness: American Art From the Yale University Art Gallery." This show is the first time that the Yale gallery has allowed a large part of their collection to tour. If you are a history and/or art fan, it's a must see!

http://speedmuseum.org/exhibitions.html#Life

(full disclosure: I'm vice-chair of the Speed board)

One suggestion: Post notes like this as separate new subjects so they'll stand alone with their own headline. This one will be buried in the "welcome" thread, and people might not see it. Feel free to repost, TP.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:06 am

Good point, Robin. Dumb move on my part.
no avatar
User

S Cruz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:42 pm

401 East Main St. @ Slugger Field

by S Cruz » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:20 pm

this forum section is a great idea. i havent seen it until now (busy month, no time for internet), but its great. :D
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry.