Want to organize a get-together with forum pals at a local eatery or pub? Plan it here!
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

Re: Oct. 18 Road Trip offline to Sergio's World Beers

by Jackie R. » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:53 am

I really hate to say this, but I have to back out due to an unexpected family emergency. There's the slightest chance that I'll be able to make it late and I have Marsha's # to check on the status when/if I free up. This really bums me out.
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:48 am

It seems as though we have a number of folks who cant make it out for this suburban "dive joint" field trip. Thats too bad. Like many independents I am sure Sergio could use the business. Its got to be hard to operate a place that is more or less a niche market for beer lovers, and to do it so far from the city. While the main focus here is the beer, Sergio also has a large menu. He has to have a certain percentage of his sales as food in order to keep the license,as I understand. Anne and I will be at Sergios around five this Saturday. I hope to see at least a few make it out.
I am sure to see some of you this evening at DCE, we will be bringing fall garden mums for the raffle/auction.
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:48 pm

John Hagan wrote:It seems as though we have a number of folks who cant make it out for this suburban "dive joint" field trip. Thats too bad. ... Anne and I will be at Sergios around five this Saturday. I hope to see at least a few make it out. .

Yeah, at this point, it looks like the bus/van idea is probably not going to happen. Mary and I will likely drive out and meet you guys though, John, and I hope a few others will do the same. Anyone still got their hand raised? Marsha, you were keeping count for a possible van deal ... where are you on this?
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:54 pm

I'm sure I dropped the ball, but I thought we nixed the van idea way back when I said it was going to cost around $200. If you guys were waiting on me, I feel just terrible. I've been a little busy this week what with the chili cookoff, several birthday cakes and the Oak St. Pizza fundraiser, so I may have neglected my duties. I'm certain we can still rent a van for around $200 that will hold 12 people, but we'd still need a driver and I haven't done any work on that, although Rebecca offered to drive, I'm not sure she meant drive a van full of people-drive.

Suggestions?
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:07 pm

Marsha L. wrote:I'm sure I dropped the ball, but I thought we nixed the van idea way back when I said it was going to cost around $200. If you guys were waiting on me, I feel just terrible. I've been a little busy th

No no no ... not at all. The van would be a crazy idea at this point! I just wanted to make sure you weren't out there holding a loose end and waiting for US, Marsha!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:00 pm

John Hagan wrote:It seems as though we have a number of folks who cant make it out for this suburban "dive joint" field trip.Anne and I will be at Sergios around five this Saturday. I hope to see at least a few make it out.

John, are you guys still on for this? Mary and I are inclined to run out, at least for an hour or so, since it's such a pretty afternoon.

Anyone else? It doesn't have to be a crowd to be fun!
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:26 pm

How did the beer run go?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:30 pm

Tom Holstein wrote:How did the beer run go?

Nobody but the Hagans and us, which was a shame. The four of us enjoyed getting to know each other, we met Sergio, we had decent Mexican food and excellent beer. I've got a short review coming in next week's Voice-Tribune.
Previous