Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Cheddar Box Lunch

no avatar
User

Sonja W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:00 pm

Cheddar Box Lunch

by Sonja W » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:04 am

My company frequently orders catered lunches for various meetings. Most of them are pretty dismal, but we welcome them because we're hungry. (And uh, it's free).

Last week we ordered from Cheddar Box. The sandwiches and pasta salad didn't look any different from the usual bland.

Until I bit in and met flavor. The pasta salad had a tangy dressing and sun-dried tomatoes (I think) that elevated it several steps above expectations. The curried chicken salad sandwich was a perfect blend of seasonings and textures. The dessert (I had a brownie) was delightful.
They also had tuna salad and pimento cheese sandwiches, neither of which I could politely fit on my plate. Next time.

Whoever is making their stuff is tasting it and cares about their product.

Oh, and I have no affiliation with Cheddar Box (or with Danny Mac's).
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Cheddar Box Lunch

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:09 am

Sonja W wrote:Whoever is making their stuff is tasting it and cares about their product.

Thanks for the review, Sonja! The quoted comment demonstrates that you know exactly what to look for in evaluating an eatery: Commitment by the people who make the food almost always shows in the quality of the product.

I need to think of the Cheddar Box more often ... as you may know, they're famous for their caramel cake. Among other things.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

Italian Cream Cake!

by MarieP » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:22 am

I LOVE the Italian Cream cake at the Chenoweth Square location. They don't have the Shaker Lemon pie at that location, but I enjoy it at the Middletown one.