Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: Best brand of gas grill?

by TP Lowe » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:23 pm

Doogy R wrote:TP, have you ever bought a the gas grill? If so, let us know what you purchased and all about the specs and the extras.

Painfully, I'm still doing homework. I also just haven't had time to assemble one yet, so I keep reading. I'm leaning toward a three-burner Jenn-Air (the one manufactured by Vermont Castings) from Lowe's.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:25 pm

TP Lowe wrote:
Doogy R wrote:TP, have you ever bought a the gas grill? If so, let us know what you purchased and all about the specs and the extras.

Painfully, I'm still doing homework. I also just haven't had time to assemble one yet, so I keep reading. I'm leaning toward a three-burner Jenn-Air (the one manufactured by Vermont Castings) from Lowe's.

I was JUST on Lowe's website looking at that very Jenn-Air. My old ass gas grill is good for this year but is starting to fall apart, inside and out.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:12 pm

Doogy R wrote:
TP Lowe wrote:

I was JUST on Lowe's website looking at that very Jenn-Air. My old ass gas grill is good for this year but is starting to fall apart, inside and out.

They have a couple at the store on Hurstbourne if you want to see one live. Looks pretty good.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:15 pm

TP Lowe wrote:
Doogy R wrote:
TP Lowe wrote:

They have a couple at the store on Hurstbourne if you want to see one live. Looks pretty good.

I live off 22 and the new Lowe's at Old Brownsboro Crossing has them as well. Thanks for the tip. By the way, if you haven't been to the Lowe's on 22, you ought to check it out.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:29 am

Doogy R wrote:
TP Lowe wrote:
Doogy R wrote:
TP Lowe wrote:

I live off 22 and the new Lowe's at Old Brownsboro Crossing has them as well. Thanks for the tip. By the way, if you haven't been to the Lowe's on 22, you ought to check it out.

Close to my office, so I'll check it out. I signed up for Costco, too, but haven't bought anything yet. My wife stopped by last week, and we now have a ten pound bag of bagel chips. Gotta' watch how fast I sign her up for these things in the future ...
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:05 am

So wanting to do business locally if possible, and wanting an assembled grill, and wanting delivery .... yadda yadda yadda ... this is what I ended up with. Seems well made, two 20,000 BTU burners, and hopefully I'll use it every other night.

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:13 am

TP Lowe wrote:So wanting to do business locally if possible, and wanting an assembled grill, and wanting delivery .... yadda yadda yadda ... this is what I ended up with. Seems well made, two 20,000 BTU burners, and hopefully I'll use it every other night.

It looks like one of those kids' toys that unfolds from a little car or someting and turns into a giant killer robot! ;)

Tell us more about it, TP! Who makes it, who sells it, etc.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:32 am

Robin Garr wrote:
TP Lowe wrote:So wanting to do business locally if possible, and wanting an assembled grill, and wanting delivery .... yadda yadda yadda ... this is what I ended up with. Seems well made, two 20,000 BTU burners, and hopefully I'll use it every other night.

It looks like one of those kids' toys that unfolds from a little car or someting and turns into a giant killer robot! ;)

It actually is among the smaller grills I looked at that would produce a lot of heat! It's a Broilmaster (made in Illinois) and I bought it from Casual Living on Shelbyville Road. I suspect I paid a bit of a premium to something similar from HD or Lowe's, but I recognize that and was willing to do so in order to have a local retailer to work with. I've bought outdoor furniture from these folks before and just really like them. More than once I've taken something home, found it looked goofy where I thought it would look good, and taken it back (on a loaner, not prepaid). However, I think I own this grill regardless!
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

I have the real winner.

by Doogy R » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:44 pm

Dual-fuel gourmet grilling drawer system for grilling with hardwood, charcoal and gas, all on the same grill. Cost, $11,995.

http://www.kalamazoogourmet.com/free_standing.php

User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Transformers.

by Doogy R » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:49 pm

Robin Garr wrote:

They're called Tarnsformers. More than meets the eye.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby County

Re: I have the real winner.

by TP Lowe » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:28 pm

Doogy R wrote:Dual-fuel gourmet grilling drawer system for grilling with hardwood, charcoal and gas, all on the same grill. Cost, $11,995.

http://www.kalamazoogourmet.com/free_standing.php

Holy cow, that's bigger than the last car wash I went through!
Previous