Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Lets Talk Fitness Clubs

by Marsha L. » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:11 pm

Heather Y wrote:hey Marsha,
How are ya?

There is a cafe in the Jcc called Cafe "J" and they also offer full service catering (kosher too) if requested!

Heather: I'm great; need to see your face in the place!

I have actually had a pretty frequent relationship with JCC's "Cafe J"; there were many times in my catering stint that I needed some bona-fide kosher meals for kosher-keeping guests of our clients. I always just felt awful that I had to serve them with disposable plastic utensils; at the same time, I knew that was what they preferred. Cafe J provides and excellent service, and from what I heard from our clients with kosher-keeping guests, a great kosher catered meal.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:30 pm

Jenn,
If you go to Fitness Factory, you probably know my trainer! His name is Jansen. :D
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:36 am

As long as I've been going to JCC I've never had anything at Cafe J. They're never open when I'm there! (usually about 6am)
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:45 am

Yes, Aaron I see that as a problem.

Why do you think that is?
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:32 am

A problem? Oh I don't see it as a problem, was just an off-hand comment. I certainly don't expect them to be open at 6am. I'm just glad the building is open at all that early!
no avatar
User

Bonnie E.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:50 pm

by Bonnie E. » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:40 pm

Not sure when you are moving or if I am too late but here's another suggestion. Blairwood Swim and Tennis Club. It is just off Hurstborne Lane at 64. Right behind The Olive Garden. They have both indoor and outdoor pools, a great Cardio Floor and nice workout room with both machines and free weights. Also offer all kinds of classes. If you play, tons of courts, both in and out. They offer a variety of memberships, based on your needs. Best part is that they are rarely crowded. Age range is pretty wide. My husband and I are in our mid 40's and never feel out of place. Good Luck on your move. This is our second time living in Louisville and I love it here. AND I even lived in Jeffersontown proper for 6 years! you can be on Bardstwon or Frankfort Ave. in 20 minutes if you like. It is a great place to live.
no avatar
User

brad.longazel

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:33 pm

by brad.longazel » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:43 pm

Everyday Athletes in my opinion is one of the best gyms to get personal training in Louisville. That seems to be their main focus and every trainer that I talk too really knows what they are talking about. Plus the community feel of the gym helps me feel like every member is there for the same goal of getting better and not just peacocking or showing off. Great place to train in Louisville, KY

Everyday Athletes Personal Training
http://www.everydayafs.com
User

Steve A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 am

turn left

by Steve A » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:38 pm

Does your opinion come from being the owner of said business?

Spam, sit-ups, squats, bench press, chin ups, spam.
"It ain't a matter of pork 'n beans that's gonna justify your soul
Just don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll."
Previous