This service is free for legitimate posts from employees and workers about food-and-industry jobs.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Kitchen Manager for Shaker Village

by Deb Hall » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:06 pm

The HR Director at Shaker Village asked me to post this. For those not familiar, Shaker Village grows some of their own food, focuses on sustainability and attracts both day tourists and overnight guests. It's a beautiful place and could be a really interesting opportunity for the right person. http://www.shakervillageky.org

Deb

The Inn at Shaker Village
Kitchen Manager

Job Responsibilities

• Supervise kitchen staff of 25 – 30 individuals for 130 seat restaurant serving
breakfast, lunch and dinner daily plus catered functions in satellite locations
on the property. Note: Shaker Village will begin serving alcoholic beverages by the drink in March or April of 2008.

• Evaluate current menu items.

• Determine appropriate additions to menu to add variety and more “sophisticated” options.

• Develop procedures to ensure consistency in food quality and presentation.

• Incorporate fruits, vegetables and herbs produced on the property into menus and find other sources of local produce.

Employment Information

• Salary will be based on experience.
• Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days.
• Housing on the property is a possibility.
• Position reports to Inn Manager – Food and Beverage and meets regularly with the Shaker Village President and CEO

Applicants can e-mail resumes to Candy Parker, at cparker at shakervillageky.org or they can be faxed to her attention - 859-734-7278.

Candy Parker
HR Director
859-734-1543
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:26 pm

Wow, what a wonderful place. Can I go live there?

Thanks for posting this Deb. I didn't know about it, and it's definitely something Gary and I would be interested in visiting for a long weekend or for some of their events.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:38 pm

It is a beautiful place and very serene. We haven't done it due to kid constraints, but friends of ours have stayed there overnight and swear by it as a place to re-charge. A weekend trip would be perfect. I thnk we are going to target an adults- only trip in the Spring- we've never been w/o kids and for some reason that's not as serene. :wink:

Deb
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:41 pm

Wow, what a wonderful place. Can I go live there?

If you are willing to give up your bread, you might be able to: note that the job ad says there is a potential for housing on premise to be part of the compensation package. Very cool!
Last edited by Deb Hall on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by C. Devlin » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:16 pm

Would I have to give up two dogs, two horses, five cats and a husband as well? :)
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:19 pm

Knowing the place, I'm guessing the horses, dogs and cats would be okay- but you'd still have to convince Gary... :wink:
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by C. Devlin » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:28 pm

If I were single, I'd be giving them a call.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:33 pm

Whew! I was getting worried, Colleen.

Is there any word on when is your new oven going to be ready?
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by C. Devlin » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:17 pm

Gayle DeM wrote:Whew! I was getting worried, Colleen.

Is there any word on when is your new oven going to be ready?

I wish I had better projections, Gayle, but the holidays, some traumas and the like have held us up a bit -- we just recently lost both our beloved old gelding and our shepherd dog all practically at once and under very difficult circumstances, and I'm sort of a grieving mess right now. Christmas was really hard this year and we had to say goodbye to our beloved dog just the day after. Thankfully, our vet is used to making farm calls out here, and she came out to help us.

I'm assuming we won't be up again til spring. I hate to say that as we both had planned for earlier, but life took a left-hand turn for us.

On the other hand, I feel a need for the break it'll provide and it'll give me some space to regroup and play with some desserts I've been wanting to try.

But rest assured that I've got you and a whole list of folks waiting, and I intend to contact you all when we're going again.