Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Westport General Store

no avatar
User

Sherrie G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Westport General Store

by Sherrie G » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:11 pm

I know it's last minute as I'm planning on bringing my father-in-law there this evening. Anyone have recommendations on what to get? There is much on the menu that sounds yummy.

Even if you are reading this and it's past already too late for me to see your recommendations for this evening, still post them. We have a couple of gift certificates and our next trip will include my hubby (who has to attend a work-dinner this evening). So we'll still be able to use your recommendations. Thanks in advance for the advice.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Westport General Store

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:49 pm

Sherrie G wrote:I know it's last minute as I'm planning on bringing my father-in-law there this evening. Anyone have recommendations on what to get? There is much on the menu that sounds yummy.

I've really never been disappointed there ... whether you go for the more "upscale" offerings or the down-home choices, it's lovable, and the fixed-up general store setting is just right.

I remember seeing Will mention that meatloaf is on special. I think I'd try that!

Here's my most recent review. Dang, it's been just over a year now, and I know a few changes have been made, but I expect it still captures the mood of the place.

Westport General Store
no avatar
User

Jeremy Lutes

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 10:22 pm

by Jeremy Lutes » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:55 pm

Speaking of Westport General Store, I have a question for Will (thought about sending a private message, but maybe others are affected and would like to see the answer).

I bought a discounted gift certificate through a radio promotion several months ago. We never got around to using it, and we had a new baby in November so are dining out days are currently on hold. The certificate has an expiration date of of 12/31/07 - is there any leeway to extend it until our baby is a little older and we can get out more? We really don't want it to go to waste, but I just don't think we can make it out there by the 31st.

Any help would be appreciated!
no avatar
User

Sherrie G

{ RANK }

Foodie

If it wasn't for my procrastination...

by Sherrie G » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:13 pm

Robin - I'm a day late... the Meatloaf special is Tuesday. Thanks for posting the review. I'll be perusing it momentarily.

Jeremy - If I wasn't such a procrastinator :roll: and posted this hours before venturing that way, we could have traded gift certificates. Mine doesn't expire 'til June.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:49 pm

Jeremy Lutes wrote:Speaking of Westport General Store, I have a question for Will (thought about sending a private message, but maybe others are affected and would like to see the answer).

I bought a discounted gift certificate through a radio promotion several months ago. We never got around to using it, and we had a new baby in November so are dining out days are currently on hold. The certificate has an expiration date of of 12/31/07 - is there any leeway to extend it until our baby is a little older and we can get out more? We really don't want it to go to waste, but I just don't think we can make it out there by the 31st.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jeremy,
As those are part of a promotion with the radio station I have to stand by the date. Anyway you can give them to someone to use this week or next?
Will Crawford
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: Westport General Store

by Will Crawford » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:51 pm

Sherrie G wrote:I know it's last minute as I'm planning on bringing my father-in-law there this evening. Anyone have recommendations on what to get? There is much on the menu that sounds yummy.

Even if you are reading this and it's past already too late for me to see your recommendations for this evening, still post them. We have a couple of gift certificates and our next trip will include my hubby (who has to attend a work-dinner this evening). So we'll still be able to use your recommendations. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Sherri,
I will be in this evening and will be happy to steer you in the right direction.

Thanks
Will Crawford
no avatar
User

Jeremy Lutes

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Jeremy Lutes » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:05 pm

Will Crawford wrote: Jeremy,
As those are part of a promotion with the radio station I have to stand by the date. Anyway you can give them to someone to use this week or next?

No problem at all, just figured it didn't hurt to ask. We'll definitely find a family member to use it if we can't squeeze in a trip ourselves. Thanks for the response!
no avatar
User

Jeremy Lutes

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: If it wasn't for my procrastination...

by Jeremy Lutes » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:09 pm

Sherrie G wrote:Jeremy - If I wasn't such a procrastinator :roll: and posted this hours before venturing that way, we could have traded gift certificates. Mine doesn't expire 'til June.

Darn! I'm the king of proctrastination so I can't hold it against you :) It was procrastination that kept us from using the certificate in the first place.
no avatar
User

Sherrie G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thanks for a great meal!

by Sherrie G » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:09 pm

Will, it was a pleasure meeting you (about a week and a half ago). My father-in-law and I really enjoyed our meals. He's more of a fish guy so I was surprised he got the same thing as me. I'm not a spicy food eater but ordered the Black and Blue Bison, not really thinking about what the "black" stood for. Although it had a bit of a kick for me, it was delicious. The blue cheese crumbles really gave it a nice flavor. And who can resist fresh out of the oven rolls?
Thanks again for the tasty bites. I'm looking forward to bringing hubby out that way, soon.
no avatar
User

Shannon W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:06 pm

by Shannon W » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:30 pm

My family is coming there for lunch tomorrow!! We've read all about it on the forum and my Mom is so excited for the trip. Any suggestions for the lunch fare?
"Mark that frame an eight...and you're entering a world of pain."
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: Thanks for a great meal!

by Will Crawford » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:12 pm

Sherrie G wrote:Will, it was a pleasure meeting you (about a week and a half ago). My father-in-law and I really enjoyed our meals. He's more of a fish guy so I was surprised he got the same thing as me. I'm not a spicy food eater but ordered the Black and Blue Bison, not really thinking about what the "black" stood for. Although it had a bit of a kick for me, it was delicious. The blue cheese crumbles really gave it a nice flavor. And who can resist fresh out of the oven rolls?
Thanks again for the tasty bites. I'm looking forward to bringing hubby out that way, soon.

Sherri,
The pleasure was all mine. I'm glad you liked the Bison even with the spices.
I look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks
Will Crawford