Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Paristown Point getting a Food Hall

by Mark R. » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:20 pm

According to this story in business 1st Louisville's 1st Food Hall is coming to Paristown Point

https://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/ ... RneEE9PSJ9
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Paristown Point getting a Food Hall

by James Natsis » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:55 pm

The article states "it's not another public market like the newly-opened Logan Street Market in Shelby Park or Falls City Market at the Omni Hotel." [I guess it won't be like the forthcoming NuLu Market either]

Yeah ..., sure, a new concept of the trendy "village markets" increasingly found elsewhere in the country. I'm not convinced that it will be so "unique." But whatever the case, it doesn't matter. It is great news and will really shore up that corner off Broadway that has already undergone impressive changes.
James J. Natsis
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:34 pm

It may not be unique, but it's not really new news, either.

A similar venture, by an out-of-town group, was announced for Paristowne Point more than a year and a half ago: https://insiderlouisville.com/economy/p ... ent-venue/

I assumed that was dead, since nobody continued talking about it; I'm glad to see the concept picked up by someone else.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:57 pm

It’s taken a long time, but the Paristown Point food hall is supposed to open in mid-September, according to Business First.

There will be five food vendors, including Jeff’s Donuts and two restaurants run by chef Emil David, who also owns Square Cut Pizza:

One is Ramble, a nontraditional fried chicken sandwich concept. In the news release, David said it would offer different fried chicken dishes on a sandwich, such as chicken parmesan, General Tsao’s chicken and buffalo chicken.

He will also be opening Tacorito, a concept that will feature tacos and burritos, burrito salads and bowls. All of the proteins are going to be flexible, uniquely seasoned and will include beef BBQ, chicken verde, rojo chicken (mole style with peppers, flavorful seasonings in a red sauce), bang bang shrimp, al pastor (marinated pork with pineapple cilantro and onions) and a vegan option that features marinated and deep-fried tofu, the release continued.

https://www.villagemarketfoodhall.com/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:27 pm

It looks like it launched just a couple of months before the pandemic hit, so I guess we can excuse the delay. :) It does look like it has possibilities, though, if they can finally make it happen.
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:53 pm

Once again, without a laugh track or forced hipster vibe, Good old Beechmont leads the way again ... https://www.facebook.com/LouisvilleStreatery/menu This thing has been up and running for about 6 months already, it's on Woodlawn where the Crepe place was ( old Key Market) .. Beechmont is also well known as the real version of Norton Commons.. Maybe visit this place while you are waiting for whatever that other thing is..

GG.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:14 pm

Gary Guss wrote:Beechmont is also well known as the real version of Norton Commons.

Nailed it. :twisted:
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:09 am

Looks like Bunz is the burger vendor they mentioned.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/business/bunz ... 5696e.html
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

by James Natsis » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:13 pm

I stopped at the foodcourt earlier today. It looks like a nice gathering place inside and out. There is a bar inside that is open, but still a work in progress. Same with the food booths--not all open yet and still settling in.

I look forward to the filipino place opening. But the rest of the offerings are all too familiar in town. The donut place looked like what I could get at Thortons at the top of our street.

That said, its a cool concept in a cool nook that should do very well, especially with the multiple events taking place there year round.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:21 pm

James Natsis wrote:The donut place looked like what I could get at Thortons at the top of our street..

Just suggest trying the donuts! At the other locations, Jeff's bakes continually and tosses old, so no donut is more than 8 hrs old, which makes a HUGE difference . . . also, IMHO each of the offerings when tried is a step above what's offered elsewhere in town.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

by James Natsis » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:02 pm

Andrew Mellman wrote:
James Natsis wrote:The donut place looked like what I could get at Thortons at the top of our street..

Just suggest trying the donuts! At the other locations, Jeff's bakes continually and tosses old, so no donut is more than 8 hrs old, which makes a HUGE difference . . . also, IMHO each of the offerings when tried is a step above what's offered elsewhere in town.

I rarely eat donuts. So I likely won't end up trying any. I'm sure they'll find their fans there. I just don't get excited by familiar donuts that I've seen in donut shops all of my life. Hopefully, for the sake of fresh donut lovers, that someone will bring out regular loads. Because it doesn't appear to me that they will be cooking them on the spot.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:15 pm

I was just by there and the donuts looked pretty impressive, didn't get one. Overall, the look of the place is pretty nice, especially in good weather. I had a Bunz which was fine, went there because I was hungry and looked at the taco place, which were a bit on the wee side. The chicken sandwich shop was closed at the time

It would be a good hangout spot, but the drink prices at the bar make that prohibitive. A Paristown Light draft is $9, twice the price of the same beer at Milewide just a few blocks away (where four cans of PL is only $8). Of course, you can avoid the craft beers and buy a can of Bud for..... $7.

Anyway, it's a nice idea. If you want food in that area and want better quality and value, The Cafe is likely a better option.
User

Chris M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:10 pm

The Ville

by Chris M » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:56 pm

I remember when this forum was a place to have good discussion about local and national restaurants. How’s it’s a place where a very few apparently bitter people come to complain about businesses they have never and apparently will never patronize. Sad to see.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:28 am

Welcome back, Chris! I hope you’ll improve the tone by telling us something good! :)
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:00 am

Chris M wrote:I remember when this forum was a place to have good discussion about local and national restaurants. How’s it’s a place where a very few apparently bitter people come to complain about businesses they have never and apparently will never patronize. Sad to see.

I've been thinking the same thing, I certainly don't mind people posting about bad experiences they have at a restaurant this it gives us a indication of a restaurant we may not want to visit. However people who say derogatory comments about a restaurant and they haven't eaten at just because of what they saw I didn't look appetizing to them bother me. What you like may be different from what I like or that Robin likes, we all like different things and just because you don't like it does mean somebody else won't love it! Saying something bad about a new restaurant that you haven't eaten at could certainly be harmful, especially for a new business that's just getting started!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
Next