Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Celtic Pig declares bankruptcy

by Richard S. » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:50 am

Biz First is reporting that the operators of the Celtic Pig food truck have declared bankruptcy. The article is paywalled, but here's the link:

https://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/ ... iling.html

Another one of those places that I always meant to try but never got around to it. Apparently they've set up a GoFundMe page to try and salvage it.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Celtic Pig declares bankruptcy

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:12 pm

I don't subscribe either, but I expect they're just reporting on Celtic Pig's Facebook post. Kind of silly to paywall a story that you're just copying and pasting, :)

The Celtic Pig wrote:Hello, friends, fans, and customers. The Celtic Pig food truck is in trouble. Melissa and I are in trouble. Our former landlord from our restaurant that covid killed has gotten a court order and has taken our food truck. He is also coming after our house. We are trying to meet our obligations for events by operating out of a tent or something, but the truck was in the shop for a week before it was seized, so we haven't been able to generate funds to buy product for our big gig this weekend, and now we have lawyer fees on top of everything. Melissa has started a Go Fund Me page. We'd appreciate any help you can give, or at least share the pageL
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-the-celtic-pig

Here's a link to their Facebook post for anyone who wants to go respond:
https://www.facebook.com/thecelticpigbb ... DmYYakbJrl
no avatar
User

Mike L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

by Mike L » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:28 pm

3 of the top 4 stories on the board are about specific restaurant closings. Makes me nervous that they're going to start dropping like flies.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:01 pm

Mike L wrote:3 of the top 4 stories on the board are about specific restaurant closings. Makes me nervous that they're going to start dropping like flies.

You and me both, Mike. The combination of pandemic, shortages, and price increases for labor AND food has got to be rough.
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

by Nathaniel C » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:20 pm

They have their food truck back and were at Brew at the Zoo last night.