Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Huge Impact

no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Huge Impact

by Richard S. » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:32 am

I see the spot at 5th and Chestnut that once housed a sad Italian restaurant is now a place called Huge Impact. There appears to be another location in Indianapolis. Anybody been?

https://hugeimpactllc.weebly.com/

Maybe it's the fact that I'm getting older, but I find the sign is impossible to read unless you're standing right in front of it. I passed by it several times and finally had to stop for a minute so I could make out the name.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Huge Impact

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:33 pm

Good catch, Richard! I couldn't find a menu anywhere at that link, but it sounds like it's worth a look!
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:40 am

https://hugeimpactllc.weebly.com/uploads/1/0/4/1/104185408/img_1687.jpg

Hoping that link to their menu worked. I see them pop up on grubhub quite a bit. Haven't tried them personally but hope they do well.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:55 pm

Thanks, Heather! An aggressively carnivorous menu, but I expect folks will like it.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:51 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Thanks, Heather! An aggressively carnivorous menu, but I expect folks will like it.

I'm not sure a menu can be too carnivorous! I'm willing to try however!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:15 pm

I think aggressively carnivorous is an accurate description. They offer pricing for extra eggs or chicken or bacon or shrimp but few (any?) entrees for vegitarians/vegans. With so many people altering their diets to some form of non-meat agenda for health reasons I was a bit surprised to not see at least a veggie burger in some form on the menu. (shrugs) I'm a fish eater but the last holdhout in much of my family who are all now, vegetarians. So unless I want to dine alone I guess it'll be a while before I can experience them. Seems shortsighted on their part to not at least try to incorporate as many divergent diners into business as possible. But I do wish them well. And their pricing looks great. Downtown can always use another good dining option.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:16 pm

Carla G wrote:With so many people altering their diets to some form of non-meat agenda for health reasons I was a bit surprised to not see at least a veggie burger in some form on the menu.

I really have to wonder how many people are altering their diets for health reasons and how many people are just doing it because it's the "in" thing to do.

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:21 pm

Mark R. wrote:
Carla G wrote:With so many people altering their diets to some form of non-meat agenda for health reasons I was a bit surprised to not see at least a veggie burger in some form on the menu.

I really have to wonder how many people are altering their diets for health reasons and how many people are just doing it because it's the "in" thing to do.

Well, I can't speak for everybody, but the folks I know that made this sort of dietary change have lost a great deal of weight, find themselves sleeping better, awakening easier, seeing better results from any exercise programs they might be in and are seeing better cholesterol and blood sugar levels when they visit their doctors. So you might be right, maybe better health and a more pronounced sence of well being is just "the new in-thing " to do. I don't have a problem with that if they do.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:32 pm

I don't think restaurants need to have menus that cover all food preferences. If I'm a vegetarian, I'm not picking Le Moo, despite some non-meat options on their menu. If I don't like seafood, not visiting Seafood Lady, etc., etc. Let them serve what they want, imo.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:27 pm

I believe I said they had great pricing, that downtown can always use another good restaurant and that I wish them much success. I never considered telling them what to sell. I said I was surprised that they didn’t offer one (just one) veggie entree option so that more people could be drawn in. Please don’t misquote me or imply that I’m saying anything else. But realistically, more and more people are reducing the amount of meat in their diet. The plant based, non meat market is worth 1.4 billion these days and recents surveys show that 32% of Americans now identify as having a mostly plant based diet. The times they are a changing. I’m not saying I advocate it, I’m not saying do away with meat. But the market demands are changing. And last I heard restaurants were trying desperately to get as many people through their doors as possible. (Shrugs) Just thought an inclusion of a veggie burger might help.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:29 am

Carla G wrote:I believe I said they had great pricing, that downtown can always use another good restaurant and that I wish them much success. I never considered telling them what to sell. I said I was surprised that they didn’t offer one (just one) veggie entree option so that more people could be drawn in. Please don’t misquote me or imply that I’m saying anything else. But realistically, more and more people are reducing the amount of meat in their diet. The plant based, non meat market is worth 1.4 billion these days and recents surveys show that 32% of Americans now identify as having a mostly plant based diet. The times they are a changing. I’m not saying I advocate it, I’m not saying do away with meat. But the market demands are changing. And last I heard restaurants were trying desperately to get as many people through their doors as possible. (Shrugs) Just thought an inclusion of a veggie burger might help.

Nicely stated, Carla. Each point speaks for itself.
James J. Natsis
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:22 pm

Carla G wrote:The plant based, non meat market is worth 1.4 billion these days and recents surveys show that 32% of Americans now identify as having a mostly plant based diet.

I'm not disagreeing with you Carla but the numbers don't make sense 32% of Americans is around 100 million people they each only would be spending $14 on nonmeat items to get to $1.4 billion!

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:08 pm

Well , the article I read did say 32% were eating a "mostly plant based" diet so I took that to mean that, maybe, they allowed meat in their diet on some occations but don't eat meat every meal as used to be the custom.( I'm thinking "meatless Mondays) Also I assumed that the 1.4 billion non-meat foods were meat substitutes like the miracle burgers, vegan sausages stuff like that. But...I could be making an errant assumption. I'd say about half my vegatarian family members utilize those products and the other non-meateaters don't. They just don't eat meat real, phoney or otherwise. I'm not sure what that does to the numbers. And you know, once upon a time I used to get caught up in trying to reason out why this but not that. Why will you eat processed cane sugar (which is so dreadful for everyone) but won't consume honey because it's a by-product of a living thing? But anymore, screw it. Let people eat what they want and I will eat what I want and I won't give myself a headache with the reasoning. It's their life.
But....
You can bet if I were in the restaurant biz and I had some serious numbers to crack on a daily basis, I would sure try to placate as many desires as I could without loosing sight of my skills, ability or concept. Just sayin'.

Now, let me go back and see if I can find those links for you. If I can I will post them here.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:28 pm

This is a link re: the fake meat/dairy industry
https://www.statista.com/topics/3377/ve ... r__wrapper

Still looking for the "mostly meatless" numbers.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:03 pm

Surveys can be misleading depending on the type of questioning, demographic, number of surveyed, etc. But the point is that there is an increase in motivation to eat more plant-based foods and that restaurants would be better served if they take this into account.

I was at a taproom in the Highlands recently and saw to somewhat a surprise that their bar grub menu had no veggie options--except maybe french fries! I asked anyway and learned that they had a plant-based burger. I ordered it, it was good, I was satisfied, and now I would go back if the occasion were to arise again. It doesn't take a restauranteur trained in rocket science to have the chef/head cook throw in an order for a decent meat burger alternative to their normal food supply list. Especially in an area such as the Highlands.
James J. Natsis
Next