Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

MozzaPi

User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

MozzaPi

by Mark R. » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:17 pm

Just read that they are now open for inside dining for dinner 5 PM to 8 PM.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: MozzaP

by Nathaniel C » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:06 pm

Nice! Upon Robin's recommendation as one of his favorite pizza places, I grabbed a couple of pies for lunch today. I got a text that my order was ready about five minutes before I arrived, and they were still warm after the 15 minute ride home. The sweet onion marmalade pizza reminds me of the Waverly at Coal's, which has fig jam. The spinach and ricotta pizza was also very good. Definitely plan to try it again.

As an aside, from what I gather, "downtown Anchorage" is mostly (or entirely) a relatively recent construct, but I find it charming--it's not like they plopped down a Dollar General (talk about something that would make it a truly authentic small town)! :lol:
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:52 am

Having grown up there in the early 1980s, I can attest that “downtown” Anchorage has been there for decades, but it’s wasn’t until Kevin Grangier opened the Village Anchor that it transformed into its current dining destination. It used to be a general store where we would stop and buy candy after school while walking home. There has always been the police station, the fire station, the post office, and city hall. I need to try MozzaPi.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:07 pm

I actually missed the original restaurant that was down next to the general store, I forget the name of it offhand. It was a lot more family oriented than the Village Anchor is. That building was moved to become the upper portion of the Village Anchor. Also, the general stories to have a bank branch in it, we opened our 1st accounts there when we moved to Kentucky.

Overall, downtown Anchorage has become a lot more commercialized since when we moved here.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:21 pm

I remember the small but lovely restaurant that used to sit there some place near the fire station. I think it was call The Train Station or maybe just The Station Restaurant. We used to sit next to the big windows and watch the train as it rolled by. Loved it.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Mon May 17, 2021 8:46 pm

Pretty sure MozzaPi is opening a 2nd location down in the Butchertown/NULU area......I assume it will be some iteration of the original, but can't say that for sure.
BShep
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Tue May 18, 2021 8:10 am

Bryan Shepherd wrote:Pretty sure MozzaPi is opening a 2nd location down in the Butchertown/NULU area......I assume it will be some iteration of the original, but can't say that for sure.

They are going to be within/adjacent to 1020 Brewery later this summer, along with two other food options.
https://www.wlky.com/article/ten20-craft-brewery-partners-with-3-local-eateries-for-permanent-food-offerings/35927535#
User

Shannon W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:06 pm

Re: MozzaPi

by Shannon W » Tue May 18, 2021 1:29 pm

Was the little restaurant named “Abruzzi?” I used to love the table near the window by the stream. They had amazing ravioli pomodoro...
"Mark that frame an eight...and you're entering a world of pain."
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed May 19, 2021 6:15 am

Shannon W wrote:Was the little restaurant named “Abruzzi?” I used to love the table near the window by the stream. They had amazing ravioli pomodoro...

Loved Abruzzi but what I was thinking of predates Abruzzi. And I think (think) they actually moved the building altogether. It sat relatively close to the tracks.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed May 19, 2021 7:02 am

Carla G wrote:
Shannon W wrote:Was the little restaurant named “Abruzzi?” I used to love the table near the window by the stream. They had amazing ravioli pomodoro...

Loved Abruzzi but what I was thinking of predates Abruzzi. And I think (think) they actually moved the building altogether. It sat relatively close to the tracks.

Before Abruzzi it was indeed The Train Station. And it was down the hill ... Kevin Grainger had the building moved up to the top of the hill when he opened the Village Anchor.
no avatar
User

MichaelBolen

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:03 pm

by MichaelBolen » Thu May 20, 2021 12:41 am

SilvioM wrote:
Bryan Shepherd wrote:Pretty sure MozzaPi is opening a 2nd location down in the Butchertown/NULU area......I assume it will be some iteration of the original, but can't say that for sure.

They are going to be within/adjacent to 1020 Brewery later this summer, along with two other food options.
https://www.wlky.com/article/ten20-craft-brewery-partners-with-3-local-eateries-for-permanent-food-offerings/35927535#

1020 is a great spot. I was there today and they told me that Mozzapi will open by the end of summer hopefully in the front right corner of 1020. The space is tiny so will likely be a kitchen only and you can eat pizza on the patio or inside the huge brewery.