Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Koreana

no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Koreana

by Richard S. » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:37 pm

I picked up a delivery order from here on Friday, and perused the menu while I was waiting. The food looks great, although I may need a bit of education on what to order and how to eat it. I saw several people seated with one large bowl and several smaller bowls in front of them (didn't want to get too creepy with watching them eat). Any suggestions on what to try?

I will say this: It's probably the cleanest restaurant I've ever visited. I actually lived in the apartment complex across Gilmour Lane in the early 1990s, and that shopping center looked like it was on the skids then. I was shocked at how different the interior of the restaurant was compared with the exterior.

Did seem on the expensive side, though.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Koreana

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:19 pm

Richard, the big bowl was probably a main dish and the small dishes are a treat called panchan (sometimes banchan), a bewildering variety of Korean condiments - mostly various kinds of pickles and kimchi - that come with every Korean meal. I really like Korean food every now and then, and Koreana is a good one. Is it still Koreana II, or did they drop the II since there doesn't seem to be an I? 8)
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:38 pm

The online entry actually says Koreana III. I guess we missed I and II.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:23 am

No one who is not Korean has ever understood what those Roman numerals are about! :lol: