Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Flavors Cuisine of India

User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Flavors Cuisine of India

by Ron H » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:07 am

With an early craving for Indian food, my wife and I decided to order from the only Indian place who was taking delivery orders before 11 AM, the early risers at Flavors Cuisine of India. I've never heard of it, but she really wanted chicken tikka malasa and it had great ratings, so we took the plunge.

I have to admit to being really impressed, though I don't necessarily understand their business model. It's half Chinese food, half Indian food, and I don't think it's Indo-Chinese food, because there's beef on the menu. That said, if you ever wanted to try beef curry outside of Kerala, this is your place to go. Tikka Masala for her, Chicken 65 for me, and Mutter Paneer for the birthday baby, who just turned 2. Everyone loved their food. The chicken was good quality, the spicy Chicken 65 was definitely spicy, and the mutter paneer went down as a huge hit with the peas-loving toddler. The naan was nicely browned on the outside, and the garlic naan was pungent. Most importantly, unlike most other Indian places in Louisville, they have pickled lime as one of their accessory options, which is something I've struggled to find locally (I have been looking for a very specific taste I had in London).

So, no beef curry yet, but next time. Has anyone else been adventurous enough to hit up Newburg for Indian food?
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Flavors Cuisine of India

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:06 am

Ron, I haven't been yet, but I'm a big fan of Indian food, and Fern Valley Road isn't all that hard to get to. :)

This looks like their online ordering menu ...
https://order.online/store/FlavorsCuisi ... ickup=true
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:43 pm

Haven't eaten there but I deliver orders from there on a fairly regular basis. It's in the same Fern Valley Road strip mall as the Seafood Lady. They do have a dining room, but I think it's currently closed to in-person dining. I also noticed that the menu seems to be half Indian and half Chinese, but not the Indo-Chinese dishes you see in a lot of other places. I mentioned to my wife that one of the dishes they offer is shrimp tikka masala, which sounded interesting.
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ron H » Fri May 28, 2021 10:08 am

So Flavors popped back up on the delivery apps, and as such, I caved and ended up trying something different off their menu. That's right, I committed the terrible sin of ordering a BEEF curry. :shock: I tried to hold out against my baser urges and failed. It's basically the same kind of Chinese food beef (or slightly better) but in an Indian curry. Long story short, it was delicious! I may not get it again due to cognitive dissonance, but for an experiment, I don't regret it.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri May 28, 2021 10:58 am

Don't feel too dissonant. Bear in mind that India is a multicultural nation. Muslims and Christians are fine with beef, some Hindus aren't that strict about the dietary rules, and even some Buddhists are casual about vegetarianism. I've read that India overall eats proportionately less meat than most other nations, but even a smallish portion of 1.4 billion Indians still provides a fair market for cow meat.
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ron H » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:29 pm

What I'd really like is to try some Kerala-style beef fry, but I don't even know how to begin to find that here.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:57 pm

Maybe Dakshin? They seem to cover all the Indian regions. Maybe if you asked them in advance they'd make some?