Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Another Place Sandwich Shop closing

by Kim H » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:07 am

I haven't visited in years, but I was sad to see this: https://www.facebook.com/46576775711064 ... 836315091/
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: Another Place Sandwich Shop closing

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:44 am

Oh man, that's sad. It's one of the places I've missed tons, not working downtown for the past year.

Their John Winger (Roast beef, bechamel, port onions, jalapenos) is one of the best things I've ever had.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:22 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:Their John Winger (Roast beef, bechamel, port onions, jalapenos) is one of the best things I've ever had.

Wow, that sounds positively decadent and delicious! I used to eat there when they were in the Highlands. It's an institution of Louisville that will be missed.
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:34 pm

Used to eat at the original one downtown (somewhere around 2nd or 3rd near Mkt./Main...can't really remember the exact location cause it's been over 40 years!

I do remember the owner was a hoot...would say anything to anybody at anytime! The original "soup-natzi". Went in for lunch one day and as usual they were slammed. One of his "girls" did not show up for her shift and he was calling her everything in the book (for all to hear)...he told one of her co-workers "tell the whore she'd fired next time you talk to her"!

Great sandwiches!
Last edited by Jerry C on Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:05 pm

I loved the original place. It definitely went down a few notches after the re-boot. The new owners tried very hard with innovative combinations, but it just wasn't the same. I missed the old Piled High . . .
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:40 pm

They were running the "Jimmy Can't Dance" jazz club out of the basement. I went there a few years back. It seemed like a good idea to me----do jazz and drinks downstairs, and sandwiches on the main floor.
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:20 pm

Same, Kim. I read it and thought, dang, I wish I'd been there recently.