Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

VonSubs

no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

VonSubs

by Terri Beam » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:23 pm

As I was driving to work yesterday, I noticed that the former location of Ole Hickory Pit BBQ (on Shepherdsville Road) is now housing VonSubs Home of the Cardinal Cheesesteak (yes, that's the whole name). It seems like they moved in and opened pretty quickly. A little Google searching reveals a checkered review history, but a significant percentage of the complaints have to do with delivery services. Others state that the menu pictures do not resemble the actual product.

Menu looks interesting. There are some really creative cheesesteak options, including a $23.99 sandwich that seems aptly named: Ooh My GOD Cheesesteak (and looks like it would send me to the hospital if I tried to eat it). There's also seafood and breakfast options.

The one thing that caught my eye is that they're open 24/7. That's a rare commodity in these parts, especially since it's not a chain. My fiance is a fan of cheesesteaks, so I'm pretty sure we'll wind up in there sometime soon, and I'll report back. It's a pretty quick drive from Fern Creek.
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

Re: VonSubs

by Jerry C » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:03 pm

Always looking for a decent breakfast place and who doesn't like a good cheesesteak? This would be fairly convenient for me...look forward to your report, Terri.
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

by Joni L » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:44 pm

The food pics on their website look like fire! I'll be watching for a report and will submit one if I get by there soon! Now I'm hungry... :)
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:51 am

Picked up a delivery order there tonight. The guy at the counter said they'll be open anywhere from 3-6 am for the next few weeks and then 24 hrs. I think he's looking to capture the GE shift change. Always looking for a decent shrimp po-boy so I think we'll try it this week.
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Buechel

by Jerry C » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:42 pm

I stopped by for lunch today. NOT OPEN! Very disappointed.
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Buechel

by Jerry C » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:58 pm

Seems to be running on a shoestring budget. Website said opened at 2pm today (Sun. 2/14). Called an order to the order line at 3:45 got a recording that the box was full and no message could be left. Called the main # and it said it was a non-working #!!!
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:07 pm

Got one delivered via DoorDash late Saturday night.

Skipped the obnoxious $30 versions and went with a classic Philly - it was very good, and definitely satisfied my late night craving.