Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Hog Father Pizza taking Butchertown Pizza space

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:02 am

So, Chef Alan Henry tells me that Union 15 is hard at work retooling the former Butchertown Pizza space, hoping to open the second Union 15 shop as soon as next month. Good times ...
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: Second Union 15 taking Butchertown Pizza space

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:29 pm

That's fantastic news!
no avatar
User

jon.larmee

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:09 pm

by jon.larmee » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:39 am

Two things really strike me about this:

1) WHAS reported on this back in October to surprisingly little fanfare. Granted, the brand was still brand new in its first iteration. https://www.whas11.com/article/news/loc ... 21f8971e80

2) They mention doing a rooftop beer garden. In Butchertown.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:05 pm

Huh. Who knew? When I talked (via Messenger) with the Union 15 chef, I got the impression that it was a new thing. Anyway, it's good to get an eatery back in that building!
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:57 am

This project is still alive, but it's now called Hog Father Pizza. I believe the ownership group does still include the two guys who started Union 15. The Facebook page has a menu, and says it plans to open in February. (Robin: would it make sense to change the name on this thread?)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category ... 571804234/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Hog Father Pizza taking Butchertown Pizza space

by Robin Garr » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:09 pm

Rich S wrote: (Robin: would it make sense to change the name on this thread?)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category ... 571804234/

I can do that! 8)
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Hog Father Pizza taking Butchertown Pizza space

by James Natsis » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:05 pm

They should do well there. I attended most of the soccer games this past season and parked further up towards the Swift plant and as far as Nulu to benefit from the walk to and from the stadium. There were quite a few people out grabbing a drink or some food during the pregames (although mitigated due to covid).

Once the men and women soccer seasons kick off in earnest there will be at least 30 home games between them. You can add a few academy games, tournaments, and other events to that number (of course, this season may have limitations due to covid). Nonetheless, good pizza, pub grub and beer fit well in that environment. Its an area that will continue to gain popularity, in my view.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:58 pm

I'll add that it's just two blocks from this place https://www.ten20brewery.com/ which has some of the nicest outdoor seating of any brewery in town. They opened two months ago, there are now lengthy outdoor tables on the right, and should be great warm weather, post-Covid gathering spot for soccer fans and others.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:24 pm

SilvioM wrote:I'll add that it's just two blocks from this place https://www.ten20brewery.com/ which has some of the nicest outdoor seating of any brewery in town. They opened two months ago, there are now lengthy outdoor tables on the right, and should be great warm weather, post-Covid gathering spot for soccer fans and others.

They didn't open until October which was towards the end of the season. But it didn't take long for the crowds to gather there. The largest support group, The Coopers, had planned on gathering there before their march to the stadium at the start of each match. Tailgating was not permitted last season. We'll see how it goes this year. Ten20 Brewery will be a center of pregame activity in any case. As stated above, the place is ideal for the occasion.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Tony G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 am

Louisville Ky 40214

by Tony G » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:27 pm

That’s the old Halls Cafe correct? I was a brick/block layer outta High School and we did all the work on that bldg.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:57 pm

Tony, yes, Hall's Cafeteria it is, er was. As I recall, Butchertown Pizza was first in the renovated space.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:08 pm

A day prior to National Pizza Day, this place has opened (https://www.hogfatherpizza.com/. The Don? I’ll pass!

According to the CJ, Duck Donuts, the 2nd local Agave and Rye, and the first of four Fry Daddy’s (new concept from Six Forks) is also opening in the week ahead.