Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Torchy's Tacos

no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Torchy's Tacos

by Mike D » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:49 pm

I know that we'll have to wait a while before it opens, but I saw today that Torchy's Tacos is coming to Southern Indiana.

We discovered Torchy's during a trip to Texas two years ago. It's an Austin-based chain. Best tacos we've ever had. And the best meal we had in Texas.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Torchy's Tacos

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:45 pm

Sounds worth the wait, Mike! Thanks for the info.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:23 pm

I know we have a lot of taco options in the area already, but IMO this is good news. I've had Torchy's when visiting family in Dallas and really enjoyed it. Their queso is delicious and the tacos are quite good. It's more of a commercial vibe a la Taco Luchador than an authentic Mexican-grocery-store taqueria, but their green chile pork and barbacoa tacos are delicious.
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

by Nathaniel C » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:58 pm

It looks like from their Facebook page that they have hired some staff, so opening should be fairly imminent. I'm never going to be able to try all the taco places in our metro area!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:05 am

Nathaniel C wrote:It looks like from their Facebook page that they have hired some staff, so opening should be fairly imminent. I'm never going to be able to try all the taco places in our metro area!

I knew we'd reached critical mass a year or two back when I noticed that we now had more taco places than pizza places in Louisville. :shock: