Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

electrician needed

User

Jimmy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:07 pm

Germantown

electrician needed

by Jimmy R » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:53 pm

Shotgun house over 100 years old. Recent rains resulted in leaky crawl space. Pilot light went out on 10 yr old water heater, couldn't get it relit. Control box has busted parts, so we decided to put in new WH. Guys came to install new gas heater, couldn't install b/c not enough space to run CO2 line. We tried to have electric WH installed, but before we can do that we need a dedicated circuit run from breaker box at front of house to heater location (crawl space at rear of house). Currently, our circuit breaker has no available slots, so a slot must be added, or others be switched around, or we have to get a whole new wiring setup. One electrician can do the job for a reasonable price but isn't available for a week, another wanted to charge double what the first guy was asking. We haven't had hot water for a week already. We're at wit's end, and I have no idea how to proceed. Anybody know of any reputable electricians who won't rip us off. Help!! & Thanks!!!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: electrician needed

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:06 pm

Jimmy, I'm sorry I don't have a recommendation, but since this section doesn't get a lot of traffic, I'd be happy for you to post it in the main restaurants section. It's not a restaurant, but you can't eat without electricity! :D
User

Jimmy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:07 pm

Germantown

by Jimmy R » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:38 pm

Hot water helps, too! And we have neither.

Thanks so much, Robin. I'd really appreciate that if you're cool with it. Do I need to add a disclaimer stating I know it's off topic, or just leave it as is?

I'm very grateful for all the help we can get.

:) JR
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:12 pm

Jimmy, we're pretty loose, so a disclaimer isn't absolutely necessary, but yeah, it would avoid any questions if you mention that I invited you to post in the main forum. Go fer it!

And thanks for the kind words, too. :oops: