Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Eight months later, Emmy Squared Pizza is open in NuLu

by Rich S » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:19 pm

Emmy Squared, a Detroit-style pizza chain that started in Brooklyn (yeah, sounds odd), is applying for a liquor license to operate at 823 E. Market St. It will be part of NuLu Marketplace, which will also include West Sixth Brewing. Emmy Squared has only a few locations so far, in New York City, Philadelphia, Nashville and Washington, D.C. I’ve never eaten there, but it got a good review in the Washington Post a few days ago.

https://www.emmysquaredpizza.com
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Emmy Squared Pizza coming to NuLu

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:39 pm

Looking at the website, I'd definitely try it! Looks like they're expanding gradually but going to trendy urban neighborhoods. Good that Nulu made the cut.
no avatar
User

jon.larmee

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:09 pm

by jon.larmee » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:48 am

a Detroit-style pizza chain that started in Brooklyn

If you think a Detroit pizza chain out of Brooklyn is weird, you oughta hear the legend of Loui Loui's in JTown.
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:37 pm

All white people on their website and a $14 ceasar. Should fit right in with nulu.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:56 pm

:?
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:01 am

Umm, this is awesome. Although I haven't been to Emmy Squared, Emily is a household name in NYC.

Hopefully they offer their burger as well, which they are equally as famous for.
no avatar
User

Dan E

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:35 am

by Dan E » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:09 am

yeah, im looking forward to it. i'll put up with a few white people if it means good pizza and cheeseburgers.
User

Chris M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:10 pm

The Ville

by Chris M » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:54 pm

I've eaten at the original Emmy Squared in Brooklyn and the pie is delicious (especially the Hatchback), but the chicken sandwich is where it's at.

I'd go for the pies, but I'll stand in line for that sandwich.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:46 pm

Kale salad: Check
Brussel Sprout App: Check
Hot chicken: Check

:roll:
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:45 pm

Some of you are miserable, not sure how you manage.
no avatar
User

Dan E

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Dan E » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:09 pm

craft beer...pizza....napkins.... :evil:

I, personally, am infuriated every single time a restaurant tries to offer something that people might want....talk about pandering!

i dont love kale salad though. and yet, with time, and just a little luck, i think i'll be able to process it and move on.

Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated during this difficult time.
no avatar
User

Dan E

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Dan E » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:40 am

According to an article from Louisville Business First, Emmy Squared Louisville will be opening sometime in August.

I could not read said article due to paywall.

Here is the free first sentence:

"The Brooklyn, New York-based pizza company is expecting to open by the end of August, even if it's just for takeout and delivery."

https://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/ ... urant.html

In addition to the positive reviews here, I have hard good things from my obnoxious NYC friends, who consistently tell me how great everything there is.

I look forward to it, as I enjoy pizza and cheeseburgers.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:49 pm

Dan E wrote:my obnoxious NYC friends, who consistently tell me how great everything there is.

Send them some photos of houses in Louisville, tell them how much it cost per month--not to rent--but towards ownership, and how long it would take us to jump in a car, get to any restaurant in town, park the car (usually for free) and be inside sitting at a table. That may change the tone of the conversation......
James J. Natsis
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:42 pm

James Natsis wrote:
Dan E wrote:my obnoxious NYC friends, who consistently tell me how great everything there is.

Send them some photos of houses in Louisville, tell them how much it cost per month--not to rent--but towards ownership, and how long it would take us to jump in a car, get to any restaurant in town, park the car (usually for free) and be inside sitting at a table. That may change the tone of the conversation......

! Great way to reply to that comment! That will certainly change their mind in a hurry.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Emmy Squared Pizza is open

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:42 pm

Eight months later, Emmy Squared is open. Considering the pandemic, I assume that's not as ridiculous a delay as it might be otherwise.

News Release wrote:EMMY SQUARED’S DOORS ARE OPEN IN LOUISVILLE
The celebrated Detroit-style pizza restaurant is open daily for takeout and delivery

LOUISVILLE, KY (September 29, 2020) – Emmy Squared opened its 8th location in Louisville, Kentucky last week. The famed Detroit-style pizza restaurant is offering some of their bestselling pies, sandwiches, and salads – including the famous Le Big Matt burger that holds several “best burger” titles locally and nationally. The dynamic menu also includes dishes exclusive to Louisville, including the Hot Brown Pizza, a nod to the celebrated Louisville sandwich. For now, Emmy Squared offers takeout and delivery only; plans to open for dine-in services are forthcoming.

Emmy Squared’s Detroit-style pizza is marked by its square shape, crispy bottom, fluffy dough, cheesy “frico” crust and signature sauce stripes applied post bake. In addition to the menu of red and white pizzas, guests can enjoy amazing sandwich options including the Chicken Parm Sandwich, the Nashville Hot Katsu Sandwich, and that unbelievable burger made from a stack of two grass-fed beef patties with American cheese, greens, pickles, and the house Sammy Sauce on a pretzel bun. The menu also features fresh, seasonal salads, starter plate options like the Sriracha Crystal glaze wings and the cheesy garlic sticks, and the signature waffle fries, which can be topped “chopped cheese” style with grass-fed beef and smokey queso or made “Zia” with hatch chili pimento cheese, bacon, and ranch. On the weekends, guests can experience a selection of menu items with the Weekend Family Meal, which includes salad, pizza, and sandwich options for 4-6 people for $58.

Located in Louisville’s newest mixed-use development, NuLu Marketplace, Emmy Squared joins an exciting list of other businesses to occupy the revitalized area. Previously home to Louisville’s Action Graphics Printing, the industrial space features high ceilings and original concrete floors modernized with spacious booths, an expansive bar, a living wall highlighted with a custom neon sign, and original artwork custom made by the brother-in-law of Emmy Squared founder Emily Hyland.

Currently, the newest location will provide delivery services and takeout, offering 2 designated parking spots for contactless pickup. Socially distanced tables are available on the back patio for guests that wish to enjoy their takeout onsite. Once open for dine-in guests, Emmy Squared guests will enjoy full-service at socially distanced tables inside and outside, as well as at the bar.

Emmy Squared Louisville is open Sunday – Thursday, 4-9PM, and Friday – Saturday 4-10PM. For additional information and full-menus, please visit www.emmysquared.com.

Emmy Squared Louisville
NuLu Marketplace
825 E. Market Street
Louisville, KY 40206
Next