Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Z’s Oyster Bar & Steakhouse CLOSED

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:37 pm

Shut down abruptly after Saturday’s service. A lot of employees are looking for work.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Z’s Oyster Bar & Steakhouse CLOSED

by Mark R. » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:44 pm

I thought originally they were going to close a part of the redevelopment of that area but since they hadn't closed yet I was assuming that wasn't going to happen. I wonder if the closing is because of the redevelopment or something else?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:00 am

I’m not surprised. We’ve been somewhat regulars at the bar (great burger) for the past few years, and other than Christmas Eve a few years ago, the dining room seemed to always be near empty. A year or so ago one of the bartenders told us they were looking to move, but didn’t mention a location.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:04 am

A shame, but no surprise. You had to have a lunch reservation so they would know how to staff for the day. Never more than a few tables at a time were taken.
User

Shannon W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:06 pm

by Shannon W » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:00 am

The last time we went (maybe 6 months ago), the dining room was nearly empty on a Saturday night. We thought the food and service were still very good, but I couldn’t get past the gross fish tank near us. It was cloudy and had a big dead fish floating around. I mentioned it to the manager, who acted surprised and did nothing. Hopefully, the staff saw this coming and made plans.
"Mark that frame an eight...and you're entering a world of pain."
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:41 am

Please tell me they didn't have a fish-chowder special the next day. :P
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:21 am

Shannon W wrote:The last time we went (maybe 6 months ago), the dining room was nearly empty on a Saturday night. We thought the food and service were still very good, but I couldn’t get past the gross fish tank near us. It was cloudy and had a big dead fish floating around. I mentioned it to the manager, who acted surprised and did nothing. Hopefully, the staff saw this coming and made plans.

If you've ever seen the fish tank at Value Market in Iroquois Manor you'd be furious. Absolutely appalling they let that abuse happen.
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:56 pm

I'm not surprised they closed either. I never felt their food or their service was worth the price they charged.
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
User

Len Stevens

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 6:30 pm

Louisville

by Len Stevens » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:15 pm

I hate to see anyone use their closing as an opportunity to criticize the operation. Now I confess that I am an acquaintance of Murzhad (sp?), but as someone who spent most of me career in the hospitality industry. I have long admired him as a consummate pro and really enjoyed his establishment. I always loved the service and will sorely miss this place. Truly. IMO, a class act.
Len Stevens II
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:58 am

Len Stevens wrote:I hate to see anyone use their closing as an opportunity to criticize the operation. Now I confess that I am an acquaintance of Murzhad (sp?), but as someone who spent most of me career in the hospitality industry. I have long admired him as a consummate pro and really enjoyed his establishment. I always loved the service and will sorely miss this place. Truly. IMO, a class act.

+100