Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

Angio's Pizza new location (please go support them)

by Bryan Shepherd » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:30 pm

For some reason, Angio's Pizza, which was located on 3731 Bardstown Rd over in Buechel for as long as I can remember (maybe since they opened some 25 years ago), abruptly closed shop and moved over to a little strip center over on Blankenbaker Rd in J-Town. On the face of it it just seems odd that a place that I would call successful for all of these years would take on the challenge of relocating and try to re-establish itself with a mostly new customer base. While there are plenty of potential customers in and around the industrial park that will probably keep it busy during lunchtime, there are virtually no residential areas close by that could support them, I wouldn't think. Maybe they can get their share of baseball teams, All About Kids families and folks from Southeast Christian, they will be competing directly with Impellizzeri's, which is basically across the street from SE Christian, and that is a tough competitor who does things well above average, in my opinion.

Angio's food has always been solid and we will continue to frequent the joint, but I hope this mom and pop knows what they are doing.

Does anyone have any insight as to why they might have moved? Here is to hoping for success!
BShep
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Angio's Pizza new location (please go support them)

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:00 pm

Bryan Shepherd wrote:Angio's food has always been solid and we will continue to frequent the joint, but I hope this mom and pop knows what they are doing.

Does anyone have any insight as to why they might have moved? Here is to hoping for success!

Just as a guess, Bryan, in my experience a move like this happens most often because the landlord either raises the rent or decides not to renew the lease because they have a "better" (higher paying) replacement.
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:32 am

I just looked on Facebook, they've actually got a new page/new logo. https://www.facebook.com/angiositalianrestaurant/ Looks like they have a daily lunch buffet as well as all day Sunday.
no avatar
User

Jay L

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:45 am

by Jay L » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:35 pm

The previous Angio's building was an old gas station on a small lot with no room to expand. They sold it to the same people that own the strip where Jasmine bakery is across the street. I believe they intend to expand the Bosnian community of businesses that are there now.

I was at Angio's opening day for lunch and they had a nice crowd. There is now a lunch buffet and even with the busy crowd they were able to keep it well stocked. The pizza was good as always. On the day I was there the buffet had various pizzas, a salad bar, baked spaghetti and cinnamon crack sticks.

As far as competition with Impellizzeri's, Angelo's delivers and I don't believe Impellizzeri's does. Also the price of Angio's is quite a bit less.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:42 pm

Thanks, Jay! Very helpful report.