Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

bob.durbin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:20 am

Re: Mirin gets ramen right

by bob.durbin » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:46 am

JustinHammond wrote:Is that the last of the Roux/Rumplings crews' shops to close?

Roux
Rumplings
Epic Sandwich
America - The Diner
Over the 9
Ten Tables
Gospel Bird
Hull and Highwater

Am I missing any?

I was actually the chef at Over the 9 longer than Griffin Paulin was and had a lot more success selling food than he did. He was trying to sell $15 foie gras, peanut butter, and jelly sandwiches to bachelorette parties doing wine tastings. Over the 9 closed because Falls City's brewing operation was moving and the owner didn't want to continue bothering with food in that location with nothing to bring people to that side of 8th street.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:54 am

bob.durbin wrote:I was actually the chef at Over the 9 longer than Griffin Paulin was and had a lot more success selling food than he did. He was trying to sell $15 foie gras, peanut butter, and jelly sandwiches to bachelorette parties doing wine tastings. Over the 9 closed because Falls City's brewing operation was moving and the owner didn't want to continue bothering with food in that location with nothing to bring people to that side of 8th street.

Thanks for clearing that up, Bob. Appreciated.
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:29 am

I was actually the chef at Over the 9 longer than Griffin Paulin was and had a lot more success selling food than he did. He was trying to sell $15 foie gras, peanut butter, and jelly sandwiches to bachelorette parties doing wine tastings. Over the 9 closed because Falls City's brewing operation was moving and the owner didn't want to continue bothering with food in that location with nothing to bring people to that side of 8th street.

Thanks Bob...that explains ONE of the EIGHT.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:32 pm

bob.durbin wrote:
JustinHammond wrote:Is that the last of the Roux/Rumplings crews' shops to close?

Roux
Rumplings
Epic Sandwich
America - The Diner
Over the 9
Ten Tables
Gospel Bird
Hull and Highwater

Am I missing any?

I work 3 blocks from Over the 9. When it first opened we would get lunch there a few times a week and beers and apps after work atleast once a week. Once the menu changed (prices increased, portions decreased) we quit going.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
Previous