Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Baraka on Oak Street

User

Jesse Hendrix-Inman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 16, 2008 11:22 am

Schnitzelburg

Baraka on Oak Street

by Jesse Hendrix-Inman » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:39 pm

At the community center where I work (The Cabbage Patch), one of our College Scholars is the son of immigrants from Somalia and Ethiopia. He mentioned that his family owns a restaurant, so a group of us decided to check it out today. It's Baraka, on Oak Street near 6th. He had recommended the Chicken Suqaar with rice so that's what I got. It was a huge plate with really bright flavors! The chicken was citrusy with cilantro, and they brought several hot sauces that were delicious. One of my dining companions got the fish with chapati and he said it was fantastic. It's an order-at-the-counter kind of place with plenty of room for dining in. Would definitely recommend. Seems like mostly a lunch place, they close at 6. Menu items run around $12-15 for a huge plate. I don't know how to post an image here but maybe this link to my Facebook will work:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157758090427383&set=a.10153798624972383&type=3&theater
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Baraka on Oak Street

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:43 am

The link works, Jesse. Thanks for the review!