Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Aldi

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Aldi

by Carla G » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:09 pm

If I add Aldo to my grocery store rotation is there anything I should definitely take advantage of or avoid for that matter?
I’m just not that familiar with them.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Aldi

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:00 pm

Watching the thread for responses, but I can't help. I keep meaning to try Aldi's, but there's none really convenient to us.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:10 pm

https://www.thriftyfrugalmom.com/what-to-buy-at-aldi/

Coworker says the sourdough bread is awesome.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:25 pm

I buy a lot of different things at Aldi when I think about going there. I tend to stay away from their meat both fresh meat and the lunch meat, unless it is the higher priced special offerings of salamis at different times of the year, they can be good. I love Aldi's chocolate bars,especially the one with chili when I started buying them they were about 99 cents but last time I think they were 1.29 or maybe more.but still worth it. We used to love their frozen salmon burgers but they have stopped carrying those. Milk and eggs are always a bargain as well.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:52 pm

Thanks to all for their responses. :D
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Definitely, the Moser Roth Chocolate, the Coffee is good, the Sourdough bread is awesome... They have brioche hamburger buns that are great and Senor Rico Rice pudding is good also. Spiral sliced ham is a real deal also.
User

nina.greipel

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:10 pm

by nina.greipel » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:37 am

Aldi?? What do you wanna know? I'm pretty much an expert on that chain, grew up buying from them in Germany. My go to are the non-Gmo exotic blend vegetable chips, Belle Vie Sparkling Water, Atomic Spice pickles (they are so good, I save the juice and drink it after a work-out), frozen Scallops for $10, can't beat that, and many other things. As mentioned by others, the Rice pudding is legit, Sourdough is great and some times they have Organic Pumpkin Bread that is sooo good!! I also like their Pils, Wernesgruner. Pretty similar to Warsteiner actually!
Of course they also have knick knacks for the house hold that are pretty phenomenal! Bought a chef knife once that is still super sharp!
Get the app and check out what they have in store, currently and a week ahead. Some things go fast!
Oh, and don't forget a quarter for the cart :)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:49 am

Thanks, Nina. Great advice!