Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Juno Japanese Restaurant

no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

Juno Japanese Restaurant

by RichardM » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:51 am

Dinner.
Young one working this evening.
Parents with alone time.
Someplace different for dinner perhaps.
YES!
So Suzi Bernert and I drove out to nearly North Bullet County and certainly well into South Okolona to Juno Japanese Restaurant.

In a word - ok two words - Highly Recommended

We had some great vegetable goyza, and a steak tataki as shared appetizers. Both were excellent. Then we shared a Gold Roll - Spicy Crab & Avocado inside with seared salmon, spicy mayo and eel sauce on top, & Kanisu roll. This was the best Kanisu roll I have ever had in Louisville. None of the others can hold a sushi knife to this great cool refreshing roll. With a bit of room left we decided to have another roll we'd not had previously and chose My Boo - Crab, Cream Cheese & Avocado inside and Tuna on top with pink (that's what they call it) sauce and eel Sauce.

All y'all need to put this place on your list of restaurants to try. We live in Shelby Park and it took us 17 minutes to get there and 14 to get home, not a long drive. On Wednesday evenings if you spend $15 then you can get a small Sake for $0.01.

Maybe we need to have a Face To Face Offline there in October. If interested let me know.

If you want to see photos check out my Facebook Page - Richard Meadows
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: Juno Japanese Restaurant

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:26 am

Is this on Antle Drive?
Andrew Mellman
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:42 am

We live about 7 minutes from Juno and have been waiting forever for this quality of restaurant to open nearby and finally we have it. I think it has been open just over a month and we have been 2 or 3 times and have not been disappointed at all. The edamame with juno sauce is more than the same ol edamame this is steamed then stir fried in I think sesame oil with fried garlic sliced paper thin. My husband has had a sampling of dishes off the lunch menu while I stick to the sushi .Come out this way and try it you wont be disappointed. Oh and yes Andrew it is Antle Drive East of Preston behind the Speedway .
no avatar
User

bruce.pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:07 pm

by bruce.pierce » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:29 am

Tried to tell you all. People in this end of town deserve a good place to eat. The only other place around here that is good to eat at is The Hillview Family Dinner.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:14 am

bruce.pierce wrote:Tried to tell you all. People in this end of town deserve a good place to eat. The only other place around here that is good to eat at is The Hillview Family Dinner.

Every part of town deserves good eats! Keep us posted on developments, Creekers!