Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Citizens 7 Closing

User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Citizens 7 Closing

by Mark R. » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:57 pm

It was just posted on business 1st that Citizen 7 has closed. No mention was made up the reason for the closing.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

Re: Citizens 7 Closing

by Jerry C » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:37 pm

I guess I live under a rock...never heard of Citizen 7.
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

by Nathaniel C » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:55 pm

It was a Mexican restaurant in Stepford... Sorry, I mean Norton Commons. I ate there once and it was good, but not good enough that I wanted to make another trip. The gelato place there with black and white photographs on the wall of the rich, vibrant, and storied history of Norton Commons, which didn't exist a few years ago, is a hoot.
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:58 pm

I call Noton Commons .. Beechmont Lite
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:26 am

Gary Guss wrote:I call Noton Commons .. Beechmont Lite

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Little-known fact: Norton Commons is in the same architectural genre as Seaside, Florida, which was chosen by the film producers as the perfect location for The Truman Show.
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:20 am

Please enlighten me.
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:17 pm

neal.johnson wrote:

Please enlighten me.

Faux version of Beechmont ... Plastic McMansionoid version of Turn of the Century Craftsman architecture.. Also super white because diversity is scary you guys..
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:53 am

Gary Guss wrote:
neal.johnson wrote:
Gary Guss wrote:. Also super white because diversity is scary you guys..

I do not live there, but do patronize some of the restaurants and go to the Thursday night concerts, and I have to disagree: there are multi-racial groups all over, patronizing restaurants, going for walks, whatever. Sure, not as much as you might find in Clifton or the Highlands, but a lot more than I had expected!

True, no diversity in income, but that's no different than you'd find in almost any subdivision!
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:24 am

I drive through there from time to time and last weekend had to pick up my kids from a function they were participating in there (at the household of a minority family I might add). Let's face it, its far enough in the back corner to where most of us will rarely get out that way for dining or anything else. But I suggest for those who are curious to swing through there sometime when you get a chance. The growth has been constant and seemingly increasing. They are already building as far out as the church that was once way out yonder. There are also apartments and a residence for senior citizens in addition to a JCPS public elementary school and mucho mas. They have also been true to keeping a lot of green space.

To be clear, its not my cup of tea (with pinky extended). My comfort zone is in the Highlands, NuLu, Frankfort Ave, St Matthews and the immigrant rich Beechmont area. But Norton Commons and much of the other development in the East End (especially on either side of the Gene Snyder at Old Henry Rd) is part of an economic ecosystem that ultimately benefits us all. Many of those folks end up gravitating towards the foodie parts of town to get good eats and they have disposable income.
James J. Natsis
User

Jimmy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:07 pm

Germantown

by Jimmy R » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:53 am

Robin Garr wrote:Little-known fact: Norton Commons is in the same architectural genre as Seaside, Florida, which was chosen by the film producers as the perfect location for The Truman Show.

I spent the worst week of my life in Seaside Florida. Plastic, fake, rigid, white. Rules must be followed, all must be identical, homogenous, boring. (I think the town was designed by Disney.) Boy, did I hate that place.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:03 am

Jimmy R wrote:I spent the worst week of my life in Seaside Florida. Plastic, fake, rigid, white. Rules must be followed, all must be identical, homogenous, boring. (I think the town was designed by Disney.) Boy, did I hate that place.

Seaside is said to be a model for Norton Commons. It was also the setting for The Truman Show, or so I've read.

Oops, posted that already, d'oh! :oops: