Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Moya's ?

no avatar
User

joe.muller

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 15, 2019 4:06 pm

Moya's ?

by joe.muller » Wed May 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Drove by the old Tumbleweed on Linn Station Rd today, next to the old Skyline (now closed) and TGIF (also gone.) It has long been vacant, but recently seen some activity besides geese and graffiti artists. There is a sign on it that says 'Moya's', claiming American cuisine. Anybody know anything about it ?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Moya's ?

by Robin Garr » Wed May 15, 2019 9:46 pm

Looks like some very basic info on TableAgent, which appears to be something like Open Table. Casual service, inexpensive dining ...
https://tableagent.com/louisville/moyas ... n-kitchen/
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu May 16, 2019 8:03 pm

Certainly looks like they are trying to cover every base where their description of the atmosphere: "Child Friendly, Romantic Dining, Dining Alone, Business Dining, Meet for a Drink, Quiet Conversation, Special Occasion, Vegetarian, Quick Bite, Date Night,"

It will be interesting to see how they do it seems like that whole area is very troublesome for restaurants to stay in business.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:50 am

I’m bumping this to the top. We’re moving and I was doing some exploring after going to the delightfully small Plainview Kroger. I can’t tell if Moya’s is open, closed, not yet open, only lasted a brief time or what. Also, I can’t find any social media. Does anyone know anything about this place?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:05 am

It's just as mysterious to me now as it was then, Robin! :)

They do have a website now, but it's very basic. Says "Opening soon."

http://moyaskitchen.com/
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:20 am

Robin F. wrote:the delightfully small Plainview Kroger

I lived in Plainview in elementary and middle school. We never stopped going to that Kroger even though there was a closer one. Glad to know more than one person loves it!

I can't find much about Moya's. They have a bare-bones website that says they are opening soon and hiring:
http://moyaskitchen.com/

I also found a mention in Food & Dining-- "Moya’s American Kitchen serves Cajun/Creole dishes, pasta and seafood at 10000 Linn Station Rd." https://foodanddine.com/restaurant-comi ... fall-2019/

You'd think they'd at least have a Facebook page! Because that sounds delicious-- since the closing of Joe's OK Bayou, I haven't had any really good Cajun food locally.

I actually found another "Moya's Kitchen" that doesn't appear connected (different logo and it's in VA). I'm just speculating, but you don't suppose they are taking extra long to work out legal details on the name?
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:12 am

MarieP wrote:
Robin F. wrote:since the closing of Joe's OK Bayou, I haven't had any really good Cajun food locally.

we can argue till the cows come home, but several items at Selena's at Willow Lake might be labeled "Creole" but (as they contain more chicken and less tomato) I'd call Cajun - and they're pretty good!
Andrew Mellman
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:36 am

Andrew Mellman wrote:we can argue till the cows come home, but several items at Selena's at Willow Lake might be labeled "Creole" but (as they contain more chicken and less tomato) I'd call Cajun - and they're pretty good!

Can we talk about Couvillion? It might rank as Cajun/Creole also, but it's one of my favorite restaurants in town.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Andrew Mellman wrote:we can argue till the cows come home, but several items at Selena's at Willow Lake might be labeled "Creole" but (as they contain more chicken and less tomato) I'd call Cajun - and they're pretty good!

Can we talk about Couvillion? It might rank as Cajun/Creole also, but it's one of my favorite restaurants in town.

Agree . . . we hit Selena's more frequently, but more because of geographic convenience than food!
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:18 am

My mom stopped by yesterday to see if they were open yet. Someone was pulling weeds outside, and he said they should be open within the month. My mom replied that they might want to update their website because people are asking about them.
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:27 pm

I drove by today, I don't think they are open yet, but they've got to be close, it looks like all the construction work is done...anyone have any intel?
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:49 am

If this thread is nine months old and there are still questions about whether this place is going to open, my bet is on the "no" side. I don't know how they could even pay rent for nine months without being open.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:53 am

They posted a bunch of online help-wanted ads this week, so maybe they’re close to opening. Of course, they also said they were hiring nearly three months ago on Facebook. (They don’t have their Facebook page set up properly; it’s said for months that they’re already open.)

https://www.facebook.com/Moyas-American ... 250224357/
no avatar
User

jon.larmee

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:09 pm

by jon.larmee » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:59 am

Just talked to the GM two days ago. He said they're aiming to open in March. He and the owner are both thankful the delays (which they hate as much as we do) are finally coming to an end.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:21 pm

I was on Linn Station Road today and noticed that Moya's had closed; the last day was Feb. 11. The restaurant said on Facebook that it was closing because business was inconsistent and it had trouble keeping staff, plus the owner was in bad health. It's a shame that the place survived the worst of Covid and couldn't keep going. I wonder if that building is just too big to make sense financially.
Next