Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Mother's Day brunch

no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Mother's Day brunch

by Nathaniel C » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:54 am

I appreciate the helpful sticky at the top of the forum for Easter brunch suggestions. My family and I went to Bourbons Bistro, and it was wonderful.

Does anyone have suggestions for brunch or lunch on Mother's Day? I see that J Graham's is doing a brunch buffet:
https://www.opentable.com/j-grahams-caf ... f10db24517
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Mother's Day brunch

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:47 am

Good idea, Nathaniel! I hadn't put up a sticky yet since I hadn't seen any news releases, but let's stick this one and see if it attracts any attention.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Two Mother's Day brunches at The Galt House

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:51 am

Details here ...
https://www.galthouse.com/easter-and-mothers-day/

Mother's Day
May 12, 2019, 10AM-3PM
Mother's Day Brunch Buffet in the Archibald Cochran Ballroom, Adult: $45 • Child 5-12: $15 • 4 and under free. Treat her to brunch with all of her favorites, including pastries, jams and jellies, bacon, sausage, Belgian waffles, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, grits, carved roast beef and glazed ham, omelets, fried and grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, collared greens, grilled salmon, steamed vegetables, and a variety of desserts. Plus, we'll have a special buffet just for the kids! Reservations at (502) 568-4235.

Mother's Day Brunch Buffet in RIVUE Restaurant & Lounge, Adult: $55 • Child 5-12: $25 • 4 and under free. Turn her head, 25 floors up, with an omelet station, made to order waffles, quiche, fresh baked plain & chocolate croissants, white wine poached shrimp, salads, prime rib and lamb carving stations, herb roasted chicken, blackened salmon, coffee and chili rubbed pork loin and Chef's selection of desserts. Reservations for parties of 14 or fewer at OpenTable. Reservations for parties of 15 or more, call us at 502-568-4239.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Mother's Day buffet at Joe Huber's Family Farm

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:52 am

Details here:
https://joehubers.com/events/mothers-day-buffet

Traditional Country Platter Dinner includes:

Fried Chicken, Huber Honey Ham, Real Mashed Potatoes with gravy, Green Beans, Corn, Chicken & Dumplings, Fried Biscuits with apple butter, Slaw, & Broccoli Salad.

Adults 12 years and older $21.99 plus tax

Children ages 4-11 $12.99 plus tax

Children ages 3 and under are free

You can choose to dine in our Restaurant Dining Room or at the Traditional Buffet located at Barn I or II. Don’t forget to call and make your reservations at 812-923-5255! The hours of operation on Mother’s Day are 11am – 8pm in the Dining Room & 11am – 6pm in the Buffet.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Mother's Day at Churchill Downs

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:55 am

A classic Louisville experience a week after Derby!
https://www.churchilldowns.com/calendar/2019-05-12

Make Mother's Day a special day at Churchill Downs. Enjoy watching live racing with the family while enjoying a brunch menu in our Stakes Room or the Chef's Table Buffet in one of our many dining rooms. Reserved Dining Tickets start at $52.

Free General Admission for Moms when accompanied by her child.

Come enjoy a great day of racing and our Stakes & Eggs brunch served every Sunday in the Stakes Room.

Learn More about the menu:
https://www.churchilldowns.com/stakes-and-eggs

Come out to the track every Sunday during Spring, September or Fall Meet to enjoy brunch & live racing in the newly renovated Stakes Room.

Brunch Menu
Fresh Fruit Display
Assortment of Breakfast Breads
Scrambled Eggs
Crispy Bacon
Sausage Patties
Hash Brown Potatoes with Peppers and Onions
Biscuits and Country Gravy
French Toast
Omelet Station
Hot Brown
Garden Vegetable
Carved Honey Ham
Chef’s dessert display
Adults $45 per person
Kids $22 per child

*Menu items subject to change
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Mother's Day lunch at Brasserie Provence

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:58 am

Details here:
https://www.brasserieprovence.com/mothers-day-brunch

It's $45 per person, $15 for the kids.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Mother's Day brunch at 610 Magnolia

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:04 pm

Celebrate Mother's Day brunch at 610 Magnolia
Sunday, May 12, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Please join us at 610 Magnolia for a prix fixe Mother’s Day Brunch. We are serving champagne cocktails, passed canapés and a 3-course menu. Enjoy a quiet and lovely time with family.

3 Course Menu with Passed Canapés and a glass of Bubbles
$65 per person
Tax and tip additional

Seating for this dinner will be extremely limited
Please email 610@610Magnolia.com or call 636-0783 for reservations

610 Magnolia
610 W. Magnolia Ave.
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:57 pm

Any for those of us on FIXED incomes??? Good grief...those posted so far are for the 1%!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:45 pm

Jerry C wrote:Any for those of us on FIXED incomes??? Good grief...those posted so far are for the 1%!

Go to either Con Huevos! I don't think they'll have special Mother's Day meals, but it's a wonderful place for brunch, breakfast or lunch!
http://www.conhuevos.com/index.php
no avatar
User

Nathaniel C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

by Nathaniel C » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:53 am

Jerry C wrote:Any for those of us on FIXED incomes??? Good grief...those posted so far are for the 1%!

I thought Huber's pricing was reasonable for a buffet... I made reservations at Fork & Barrel. From what I can tell, they aren't doing a buffet, but will have their regular brunch menu available.
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:18 am

Nathaniel C wrote:

I thought Huber's pricing was reasonable for a buffet... I made reservations at Fork & Barrel. From what I can tell, they aren't doing a buffet, but will have their regular brunch menu available.

Add in the gas money to there and back ($3/gallon this week), and they might be up there with the others! LOL. :lol:
no avatar
User

charles.minter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:43 am

by charles.minter » Mon May 06, 2019 9:15 pm

After several years of great food at the Churchill Downs Mother's Brunch, the food was very bad the past 2 years. This year for Easter, my family tried the Galt House buffet. It was outstanding.

If it's the same spread for Mother's Day, I highly recommend it.