Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: Where can I get a good sandwich?

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:52 pm

Many good places mentioned here; we had Red Hog sandwiches Friday for lunch and they were outstanding.

But Another Place on 7th St is rapidly becoming my favorite. I just got back from there and had The John Winger (Roast Beef, Port Onions, Bechemel, Jalapeno, Chives on a French Roll) and it was incredible.
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:03 am

and, I think, one worth a mention would be Kingsleys Meats on Taylorsville Rd @ Bowman Field. https://kingsleymeatsandcatering.com/
they make a *great* liverwurst/braunschweiger sandwich - - something that, in my mind, is essential for a great deli - - and which I don't think you'll find at any of the previously mentioned spots?
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:53 am

Willie Myers wrote:and, I think, one worth a mention would be Kingsleys Meats on Taylorsville Rd @ Bowman Field. https://kingsleymeatsandcatering.com/
they make a *great* liverwurst/braunschweiger sandwich - - something that, in my mind, is essential for a great deli - - and which I don't think you'll find at any of the previously mentioned spots?

This. I dunno if Frank's might, but I seem to recall not. And I always go into Morris' ordering a liverwurst sandwich only to be reminded they don't serve it. I guess I just think if they did it would be the best. I think they should!
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:56 am

Jerry C wrote:Frank's Meat & Produce on Preston by the fairgrounds is a solid choice (get ready to loosen your belt buckle).

3342 Preston Hwy, Louisville, KY 40213

Although I suggested Franks (see above), I actually rarely, if ever, get a sandwich there (just not a part of town I visit very often). My brother called yesterday and said he would pick up lunch and bring it to my house. I asked where he was, and lo and behold, he said "on the watterson near the fairgrounds".

I immediately said "Franks", and he was thrilled with the idea. I ordered a rather all-american sandwich...oven roasted turkey on wheat with lettuce and tomato (no mayo...I like to add a smear of miracle whip on my own).

I tell you the truth and I'm dyin' if I'm lyin', that sucker was 3.5 inches tall in the middle...my dogs had to help me finish it! (which they were more than happy to do)!

Needless to say, I had a very light dinner last night.
Previous