Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

A Whiskey Row restaurant I never heard of is closing

by Robin Garr » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:17 pm

Business First reports that El Barrio, 129 W. Main St., closed on Saturday, but Bertuca Hospitality Group, which owns Doc Crow's Southern Smokehouse & Raw Bar next door, has leased the space for a new restaurant.

“Construction on the space is scheduled to begin this spring, and the new concept will open later this summer. Details on the new project will be announced soon," Business First wrote, quoting a Bertuca news release.

El Barrio opened in 2017, replacing Me Gusta Latin Kitchen & Bar. It had 4,500 square feet, all on one floor, and seating for 125 people.

Full story here. I didn't encounter the Biz First paywall on this one.
https://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/ ... ZjhtIn0%3D
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: A Whiskey Row restaurant I never heard of is closing

by Mark R. » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:27 pm

I certainly agree, I had never heard of that restaurant either and actually I don't remember even see when we were down that way. I guess is one we won't miss.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:31 am

It's been a number of different Mexican concepts, starting as one of the Aztecas family. When that group rebranded many of their spots to unique names, I believe Me Gusta was what the Whiskey Row location ended up as. I've never been clear if it's been the same folks all along or if there was a change in management along the way.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:15 am

Bertuca lists the concept as "Doc's Bourbon Room" on their website. That sounds rather fitting.
James J. Natsis