Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

JerryZegart

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Norton Commons

Chef Dean Corbett Tribute Dinner at The Olmstead.

by JerryZegart » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:56 am

49498808_10218240163585451_2406848055761436672_o.jpg
49498808_10218240163585451_2406848055761436672_o.jpg (416.82 KiB) Viewed 2052 times

We are excited to announce that ticketing is coming up for A Taste of Corbetts a Tribute to a great caring man who did so much to help others...Chef Dean Deano" Corbett. I know many of you on this forum loved and admired Chef Deano. We are working hard to take some of the burden off his family. All net proceeds from this night will go to supporting his lovely wife Julie and three sons.

1st the ticketing details as the event may sellout very quickly.

Tickets go on sale January 17th at 9:00 am at http://atasteofcorbetts.com/. The event may sellout very quickly so please put that in your calendar now. You must have a ticket to attend.

Tickets are $100 per person and it is a limited ticketed event. The $100 price covers all food, beverages and entertainment for the evening.

Come enjoy tastings from over 60 of Louisville's finest chefs, a live auction along with beautiful music by Robbie Bartlett.

5:30 PM to 10:00 PM February 20th, 2019 at The Olmstead 3701 Frankfort Ave.

Volunteer opportunities available also at:
https://nortonchildrens.com/foundation/ways-to-help/volunteer-hospital/#fundraising

For Sponsorship opportunities please contact me directly at jzegart@gmail.com. We’d love to hear from you.

There is also a Facebook Event page to like and stay up to date at: https://www.facebook.com/events/2184889854863819/
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Re: Chef Dean Corbett Tribute Dinner at The Olmstead.

by Leah S » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:48 pm

Out of curiosity, why are the volunteers being run through Norton Children's hospital? I was going to sign up to volunteer, but I found the process of registering at the NC volunteer site fairly involved.
User

JerryZegart

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Norton Commons

Re: Chef Dean Corbett Tribute Dinner at The Olmstead.

by JerryZegart » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:36 pm

That's a great question. Norton Children's Hospital Foundation has all the infrastructure in place to put on an event. As a group we would have to build the infrastructure from scratch. We are also using all their licensing for putting on an event. They also are allowing us to use their 501c3 status which means in many cases potential tax benefits to those who give. We also gain their tremendous expertise in putting on events. Plus all funds, donations, sponsors and dispursements ultimately flow through them.

I have already seen where sponsors are giving more because of it. This is not something Norton Children's Hospital Foundation normally does. They are doing this as a tribute to Chef Dean "Deano" Corbett and his family. In addition they appreciate all the chefs, restaurants, food purveyors do in our community working tirelessly to raise funds helping others.

So while it is a bit more cumbersome than just saying I'd like to volunteer, it helps us place our volunteers where they are most needed and effective. I hope I answered your question and certainly welcome you or anyone else to call me at 502-228-8867 if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Norton Children's Hospital Foundation assistance and expertise in this event is so appreciated by all of us working together to make this a huge success. We hope you will join us.