Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Mirin opening a New Albany shop

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:27 pm

Whoa!

Griffin Paulin wrote:It’s true, we are opening a 2nd Mirin in downtown New Albany. Here’s some info:

We are setting a goal of February 1st for an opening date. This is ambitious and may not happen. Please don’t hold us to this date. There is much to be done, but we have hit the ground running.

We will be taking over the space currently occupied by Roadrunner Kitchen, who I believe will continue operating through December. They aren’t closing- just moving. Check them out in the meantime- really cool people who do Good Shit™️. 145 E. Main Street, New Albany.

Executive Chef at the new location will be Jon Kaelin. Y’all know Jon’s pedigree. Dudes a tank and way talented. Stoked to have him, obviously.

My guy Levi Crandall will be working in conjunction with Jon as his front of house counterpart. He brings necessary experience that Mirin needs to continue to grow and evolve. He is a New Albany resident. And he’s quite handsome.

Michael and David will maintain a role at both restaurants, though the specifics of those roles are gonna be free flowing- we’ll figure it out, man. David is taking an immediate “promotion” to Sous Chef, but he was basically already the Sous Chef, so it’s kind of whatever. Michael will continue to be my go to guy for all Mirin related things.

Cody Graudick will be getting an expanded role at the Mirin in Louisville, so, like, ayyy, TONY!!!

The menu will be similar to Mirin Louisville, but different. We haven’t finalized it yet. Just scrawled some shit on the back of a Fire Greens invoice. But we’ve gone through enough menus at Mirin.... the actual food is honestly the last of our worries.

Oh, and I am HIRING SO HARD RIGHT NOW PLEASE HELP.

Thanks for reading and have a lovely day!

Here’s a picture of me with a man bun:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

Re: Mirin opening a New Albany shop

by neal.johnson » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:38 am

Duuuuuude.
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:11 pm

I always love reading his PR.
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

by Joni L » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:30 pm

I can't get behind it before the spicy double is reintroduced. I'm still in mourning...
no avatar
User

GriffinPaulin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:34 pm

by GriffinPaulin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Joni Lemke wrote:I can't get behind it before the spicy double is reintroduced. I'm still in mourning...

Menu announcement Wednesday!
Griffin Paulin

I cook food.