Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Eatz Vietnamese

no avatar
User

meghan.levins

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Eatz Vietnamese

by meghan.levins » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:08 am

Opened pretty quietly on Barret; I plan to go and the menu looks great (beef tendon in their pho!!!!) just wondering if anyone else has gone and wanted to give them a little boost of pub. In general really happy to see that street come back.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Eatz Vietnamese

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:08 am

It's high up on my list, once they've had a few weeks to shake out the rough places. Let us know about it, if you get there first!
no avatar
User

meghan.levins

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:30 pm

by meghan.levins » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:35 am

Super positive experience!

I called to place a carry out order, and the man who answered could not possibly have been nicer and more helpful. Everything was packaged really well, especially the pho; a one quart container for the broth and the toppings, meat and noodles in a separate little box so we were easily able to split it up and dive in.

We tried the egg rolls (amazing), fish sauce wings (tasty but I would have loved more fish sauce flavor, they were really tasty though), banh mi was just average, pho was outstanding. A star anise forward broth might not be everyone's jam but I loved it; super tender beef tendon, and honestly I am just so happy they have tendon (and bone marrow!) at all. Lots of options to customize. They gave us a little 2 oz cup of hoisin/Sriracha divided all cute in the same cup; I normally abstain but the broth was a little on the sweet side owing to the star anise and this balanced it out. I will request fish sauce in the future because I am a salt whore in my definite return visits.

To be honest, it was really how freaking sweet and helpful the person on the other end of the line was that makes me want to go back. It just says to me that they are in it to win it.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:32 am

I discovered the place about 2 weeks ago by chance when driving by thinking about where to get lunch. I 'm glad I decided to give it a try.

I had a bowl of beef pho and a vietnamese coffee. The pho was excellent. The only problem is that the place is small and people had to wait to be seated--that's a good problem!
James J. Natsis