Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Lydia House closing

no avatar
User

meghan.levins

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Lydia House closing

by meghan.levins » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:00 pm

This one hits close to home for me. Emily broke the mold for us at Monnik to create something unique for our neighborhood. She'll be keeping the bar and music, but the unique menu and take on flavors and style won't ever be replicated. Restaurant burn out is no joke, take care fam

"I am so sad to announce that I will be closing Lydia House at the end of December. When I opened almost four years ago, I really had no idea what I was doing; I just wanted to create a neighborhood joint for all of us to hang out in and feel comfortable. That so many of you enjoyed what I had to offer has been thrilling.

Getting to know my neighbors, hosting musicians and artists, and having the privilege of working with amazing people has been such a joy, and I cannot say thank you enough to all of you.

The restaurant biz is really tough, and I just can’t hang anymore.

Thanks again to everyone that came here to eat, see a show or play a show, or hang art on our walls. And the deepest gratitude to everyone who has worked with me here. You are the best bunch of people I know.

Our last official shift will be Sunday Brunch, December 30th, 10am-2pm. There will be a special party after midnight on New Years that I will keep you posted about as plans come together.
-
Xoxox, Emily

P.S. Stay tuned for something new in this space soon:)"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Lydia House closing

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:42 pm

Aw, that's so sad. :( They really seemed to be doing things right, but yes, restaurant burnout sure is a thing.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

Re: Lydia House closing

by Will Crawford » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:29 pm

Emily is such a classy lady. She creates such a cool feel, not to mention rebuilding that building. Mostly by her self. Her ramen is so good. A prominent NY chef was visiting Louisville and Peng Looi asked him where he wanted to go and this guy wanted to try the Ramen at Lydia house. Her food rocks. Wishing her the best of luck! Go get some food there if you have not yet.
Will Crawford