Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Thanksgiving dinner Carry-out?

User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Thanksgiving dinner Carry-out?

by Deb Hall » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:31 pm

Has anyone seen any restaurants advertising prepared Thanksgiving dinner to go? We are travelling this year and bringing all the food. It could greatly simplify things if I could find a great place to carryout from ( that doesn't cost an arm and a leg).
Thanks,
Deb
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Thanksgiving dinner Carry-out?

by Carla G » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:44 pm

I was grabbing something at Bob Evans and noticed they offer to do Thanksgiving carry out banquets.
Also the Fresh Market on Brownsboro Rd might. The Shelbyville Rd location used to.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Nancy Tarrant

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:56 am

by Nancy Tarrant » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi - The Cheddar Box in St Matthews and The Cheddar Box Café in Middletown have been preparing side dishes for Thanksgiving for many years. We don't cook a whole turkey, but offer sliced turkey. Check out our menu atwww.thecheddarbox.com. It's under holiday menus. Nancy
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:28 pm

1. Where are you going? In Chicago, for example, this year most of the top restaurants are offering "to go" dinners, and I'd guess many other large cities would offer the same!

2. A couple of years ago we went out of town and did the dinner by ordering 75% of it (including the turkey) from Whole Foods. While not cheap, it was less expensive than we had expected, ordering on-line from Louisville and picking up in the destination city was a snap, and it was delicious (the other 25% we made here and took in freezer bags). I think both Fresh Market and Kroger offer similar deals (order here and pick up in destination city)
Andrew Mellman
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:07 pm

The Cajun turkeys from Popeyes look legit.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:25 am

Ha! I thought I saw this post on FB.
Gill on the Go
Can provide for up to ten, classic dishes from Science Hill Inn.
Delicious.
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:24 am

Anoosh Bistro and Fork and Barrel are two Restaurants that have been advertising.
no avatar
User

Tony H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:35 pm

by Tony H » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:09 am

Check out www.graciousplentycatering.com/menus, go to bottom of page and click on Thanksgiving Order. Print out the order the form, fill out, and drop off. You will need to have it in by November 16th and will pick up on November 21 before 6.00PM They have two locations which you can drop off and pick up.

We use the one in Prospect, behind the Starbucks. They do an amazing job and the prices are great also. You can order as little or as much as you need. We have used these guys a few times and have never been disappointed. I think you will feel the same.
Don't pass up the Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Blue Cheese and Bacon. My Grand kids love them.
Happy Thanksgiving
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:42 am

Thanks, all! Great suggestions. :D

Andrew- Great idea on getting the food where we are going, but....we are going to the hills of Eastern Kentucky and nothing close to a restaurant or a Whole Foods ( or a Kroger) there. :lol:
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Deb Hall wrote:Thanks, all! Great suggestions. :D

Andrew- Great idea on getting the food where we are going, but....we are going to the hills of Eastern Kentucky and nothing close to a restaurant or a Whole Foods ( or a Kroger) there. :lol:

Check out the Benham Schoolhouse Inn . . . they offer a "catering" menu with turkey et al! I wouldn't call it gourmet (tho the rooms are great), but you'd know better than I, and aren't you going around there?
Andrew Mellman
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:29 pm

Thanks, Andrew. Yes- we are actually staying at that hotel. :wink: :D

I came to the realization that there were a number of things I could delegate, and if we ordered the whole meal, I'd still have to cook several "required" dishes, so it wouldn't save all the work. So we've decided to do potluck for some of the sides, I'm making some of the sides, and ordering 2 smallish smoked turkeys for easy transport. Feeling much more relaxed now... :D
Last edited by Deb Hall on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:06 pm

One can order from Buca di Beppo coupons were in my ail yesterday.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:59 am

Cracker barrel has dinner carryout for 10 people for $109..