Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Cravings Byanca

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Cravings Byanca

by Carla G » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:39 pm

Tiny little kiosk/hut cafe in the Pleasant Colony Center in Crestwood. Independent. Order at the window for ‘to go’ orders but there are picnic tables available outside when the weather permits.

Tonight I ordered two tamales (all she had left were chicken) they were spicy and full of pulled chicken. Very tasty . Couldn’t swear to it but they tasted fresh and home made. Also had a steak taco that was sooooo good! Maybe a 4” flour flat with thinly sliced beef , avocado, tomato and cheese and salsa. Came with a lime wedge, sour cream and a salsa verde that would’ve been great but had a bit too much cilantro for me. Finished with a sope (beans, pork, lettuce tomato, sour cream on a thick corn tortilla with the edges crimped up. Kind of like a small 4” savory tart. ) Everthing was easily better than many of the popular sit down Mexican places. Two tamales, taco, sope came to $10 and was far more than I could eat. I got there at about 4:30 and even then there was a steady stream of drive ups and drive thru for people that call their orders in ahead for pick up.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Cravings Byanca

by Iggy C » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:51 am

Is that the same spot where an Argentinian empanada place used to be?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:54 am

Iggy C wrote:Is that the same spot where an Argentinian empanada place used to be?

I'm thinking so. Gara Empanadas. I reviewed it in 2014. Good stuff.
http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/dashb ... -empanadas
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:35 pm

Iggy C wrote:Is that the same spot where an Argentinian empanada place used to be?

Yes it is.
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:19 am

That place is sssoooooo good! The chicken and steak both have wonderful flavor and texture and the burritos "are as big as your head", or something like that :)
BShep
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:22 am

Bryan Shepherd wrote:That place is sssoooooo good! The chicken and steak both have wonderful flavor and texture and the burritos "are as big as your head", or something like that :)

Haven’t tried the burritos yet, maybe do thatt today. But I know I’ve got to get back for somepork tamales.