Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

The Fate of Bluegrass Burgers

by Mark R. » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:09 pm

This article just appeared on business 1st regarding the sale of the Bluegrass Burgers property to Dan Borsch who is going to open it as another Burger Boy Diner.

https://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/ ... j=84420241
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

CrisBanaszynski

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:39 pm

119 Saint Matthews Avenue

Re: The Fate of Bluegrass Burgers

by CrisBanaszynski » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:41 pm

Mark R. wrote:This article just appeared on business 1st regarding the sale of the Bluegrass Burgers property to Dan Borsch who is going to open it as another Burger Boy Diner.

https://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/ ... j=84420241

I work for Dan and Scott, Dan is very excited to get in the building and begin operating.
Never trust a skinny chef...or a fat vegan
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:04 am

CrisBanaszynski wrote:I work for Dan and Scott, Dan is very excited to get in the building and begin operating.

I can hardly wait! I think this is going to be a great fit in the neighborhood by both day and night.
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:29 am

That’s cool. I’m a fan of both Burger Boy (try the corned beef hash) and Old Louisville Tavern (love the sliders). The two of them also seem like great guys. One of them almost always seems present and out front greeting customers. From overhearing their conversations with their employees, they also seem to be good people to work for.
no avatar
User

CrisBanaszynski

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:39 pm

119 Saint Matthews Avenue

by CrisBanaszynski » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Steve Eslinger wrote:That’s cool. I’m a fan of both Burger Boy (try the corned beef hash) and Old Louisville Tavern (love the sliders). The two of them also seem like great guys. One of them almost always seems present and out front greeting customers. From overhearing their conversations with their employees, they also seem to be good people to work for.

They absolutey are great people to work for. They always do right by their people and they actually pay them enough to live on.

Robin Garr wrote:
CrisBanaszynski wrote:I work for Dan and Scott, Dan is very excited to get in the building and begin operating.

I can hardly wait! I think this is going to be a great fit in the neighborhood by both day and night.

I talked to Dan today, at first there won't be 24 hour service like the original location, but that doesn't mean it won't be on the horizon.
Never trust a skinny chef...or a fat vegan
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:31 pm

CrisBanaszynski wrote:I talked to Dan today, at first there won't be 24 hour service like the original location, but that doesn't mean it won't be on the horizon.

Got it! As a personal matter, it's very unlikely that I'll be there in the wee hours anyway. :) But I was thinking given its location just toward town from the St. Matthews strip, I'd think it would do a great business toward closing time.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:40 pm

As someone who leaves work at 1am, I would welcome a 24 hour option in the area.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Any updates? Used to be high on the list, but the second owners made poor changes. Is the Diner open yet?
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:19 pm

Linda C wrote:Any updates? Used to be high on the list, but the second owners made poor changes. Is the Diner open yet?

No, not open yet. But definitely being worked on. That's the official report from someone who just drives by it frequently. ;-)
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)