Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Shreeji Indian Vegetarian Street Food

by Terri Beam » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:24 pm

My latest "eye spy coming soon" is Shreeji Indian Vegetarian Street food on Hurstbourne Parkway.

They have a Facebook page but not much information is provided yet: https://www.facebook.com/Shreeji-Indian ... 577050793/

It's in that awkward corner location near Jason's Deli and Gigi's Cupcakes. I think there was a froyo place there once. It does look intriguing though.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Shreeji Indian Vegetarian Street Food

by Robin Garr » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:45 pm

I'll fight awkward traffic for Indian street food! :shock: Thanks for the report, Terri.
no avatar
User

travis.davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:44 pm

by travis.davis » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:45 pm

I noticed it looks like they opened while driving past. The dream is a street food place as good as Chai Pani in Asheville, NC.

No sign of a menu from what I've seen so far. Share if anyone finds anything
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 pm

Yelp has photos of the (surprisingly long) menu. I'll have to check this place out if I can cope with the holiday traffic.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/shreeji-indian ... louisville
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Rich S wrote:the (surprisingly long) menu

Dosas! :shock: :D You're right, Rich, it looks great! I don't think holiday traffic on Hurstbourne can be as rough as the Mall to Oxmoor stretch, can it?
no avatar
User

travis.davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:44 pm

by travis.davis » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:06 am

I work back in the J-town industrial area. So I get to cheat and sneak in from Bunsen and skip Hurstborne all together. I'll check it out soon. A couple co-workers went yesterday and reported they are working on a reduced menu this week.

Just think of it as a reason to go to Half Priced Books and browse cookbooks.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:34 pm

We went the other night and had a nice time. It’s a brightly colored, fast-casual sort of setup. They don’t have dosais yet, so instead we split a pani puri and a mango lassi, then a pau bhaji and a chole bhatura. I have a soft spot for chana bhatura because they’re so dramatic, like ordering a baked Alaska. This one did not come out fully inflated, but the chickpeas were good on a cold night.

Everything was very intensely flavored — the mango lassi, in particular, was more strongly cardamomy than I’m used to, and the chili pickle I got on the side was surprisingly hot. Everything came out fast, the prices were reasonable, the food was uncompromising in its spice, and portions were plentiful, so it was pretty much everything I could ask for from a vegetarian Indian place.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:39 pm

My beautiful bride and I had a fantastic lunch there today. We braved the Hurstbourne traffic (be glad when the holiday season is over, as this will become an addiction!) The people are very nice and will assist you in your ordering if need be.

We had vegi samosa, cheese masala dosa, plain dosa, veg gobi manchurian with gravy and all were great! Default spice level for my cheese masala dosa and veg somosa was 4 because I forget to specify. I would like to kick that up to 6 next time. 4 had a tingle of heat with an incredible flavor. Cindy asked for hers to be not spicy and that is a 2 (the heat level is printed on your receipt).

Everything was freshly cooked to order and, like tapas, arrived as it was finished. The place was filled with families enjoying the day. A steady stream of to go orders were leaving as well. Well worth the trip from the OC. Go enjoy!