Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Jesse Hendrix-Inman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 16, 2008 11:22 am

Schnitzelburg

Van Winkle 12 Year signed bottle auction

by Jesse Hendrix-Inman » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:22 pm

So I was photographing a signed bottle of Van Winkle that was donated to The Cabbage Patch Annual Auction fundraiser and it occurred to me that some on this forum might be interested in bidding.

You don't have to go the the Auction (Sept 27 at the Olmsted) to bid. We use Qtego Auction technology so you can bid from your phone and even receive text notifications when you are outbid. The information about the auction is here: https://www.cabbagepatch.org/events/auction/ . You can sign up for mobile bidding now, and I think the Van Winkle will be listed on September 14. I'll bump this post when it's live. Bidding will end at 7:45 p.m. on September 27.

The specifics: Van Winkle Special Reserve, 12 Years Old, autographed on the side of the bottle in copper metallic ink.

This auction benefits the children of The Cabbage Patch who receive free and low cost after school programming, including homework help, arts education, athletics and college preparation. If you would like to know more about us, this is a good video:

https://www.cabbagepatch.org/news/the-cabbage-patch-is-an-environment-of-givers/

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Van Winkle 12 Year signed bottle auction

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:42 pm

Thanks for posting, Jesse. Great offer, great cause!
User

Jesse Hendrix-Inman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Schnitzelburg

by Jesse Hendrix-Inman » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Thanks for posting, Jesse. Great offer, great cause!

Thank you, Robin, for allowing me to spread the word! We were lucky to get it and someone will be lucky to go home with it.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:13 pm

I’ll leave the bidding to those with better pallets than my own that can appreciate the Pappy better than I but I will say that The CabbagePatch House is a wonderful organization well deserving of every cent they get. They help a great many kids and families in need. I’m sure some of these LHB folks will love to bid.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Jesse Hendrix-Inman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Schnitzelburg

by Jesse Hendrix-Inman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:25 am

Carla G wrote:I’ll leave the bidding to those with better pallets than my own that can appreciate the Pappy better than I but I will say that The CabbagePatch House is a wonderful organization well deserving of every cent they get. They help a great many kids and families in need. I’m sure some of these LHB folks will love to bid.

Thank you, Carla, that means so much!
User

Jesse Hendrix-Inman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Schnitzelburg

by Jesse Hendrix-Inman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that the bidding has started. We have some other nice bottles as well, including Old Forester Birthday Bourbon. :)