Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Lemongrass Cafe & Market

no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Lemongrass Cafe & Market

by Rich S » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:26 pm

This place is getting ready to open in Hikes Point, in the spot where Little India used to be on Richland Avenue. I think it’s connected to the other Lemongrass Cafes that have existed around Louisville, although I’m not sure of that. I hope it provides another good option for Vietnamese and Thai food.
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Re: Lemongrass Cafe & Market

by Margie L » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:02 pm

I always liked the Lemongrass Bun salads.
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Any idea of an opening date? They don't seem to have a Facebook page...
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:08 pm

Lemongrass Cafe is open now at 2956 Richland Ave. I visited today and got an order of com ga xa ot (lemongrass chicken with jasmine rice) to go; it was very good. They gave me a free spring roll because it was their first day.

The man I spoke to said their menu is the same as the Middletown location (http://www.lemongrassrest-ky.com/mainmenu.html ). I’m not sure that’s completely true; I think the prices on Richland Avenue may be 50 cents or so higher than what’s shown on the Middletown website. The menu is divided among Vietnamese, Thai and Chinese dishes.

I still can’t find a website for the new location, but they had signs saying it’s open seven days a week, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. The Richland phone number is 502-614-7448.

They’re not serving alcohol yet, but their liquor license was issued this week. When I went by this afternoon, it seemed like they were having some problems with the air-conditioning, but the room with tables for dining in was cooler than the other room. They plan to sell some Asian groceries, but aren’t doing that yet.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:18 pm

Thanks for the report, Rich!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:19 pm

Hey, wait, isn't that where Little India Cafe is ... <gulp> was? I guess it's gone? :(
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Hey, wait, isn't that where Little India Cafe is ... <gulp> was? I guess it's gone? :(

That's what he said in the OP...

in the spot where Little India used to be
:D
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Jerry C wrote:That's what he said in the OP...

in the spot where Little India used to be
:D

D'oh! :oops:
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mary Anne » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:52 am

Looks like they've got their Facebook page up! https://www.facebook.com/Lemongrass-Cafe-Market-204492493743405/
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:48 am

The updated menu is now on this website, which covers both Lemongrass locations:

http://www.lemongrassrest-ky.com
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:19 am

Rich S wrote:The updated menu is now on this website, which covers both Lemongrass locations:

http://www.lemongrassrest-ky.com

Thanks, Rich!
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mary Anne » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:09 pm

I finally got over there for a very late lunch/not quite dinner today. The Market isn't open yet, but they are obviously working on it. The restaurant is very clean and tidy, the menu full of Thai, Vietnamese, standard Chinese and a whole page of vegetarian choices. We got a couple spring rolls which were fresh and piping hot. I got the red curry with chicken, my friend got the Pad Thai with shrimp. The red curry was delicious, served with white rice it was spicy enough to make me sweat a bit, but not totally mouth numbing. There were no leftovers. Nuff said. My friend's Pad Thai was declared delish and unlike me, she had leftovers. We were the only ones in there at this odd time of day and of course had the attention of our server. I will return...red curry is addictive...menu is here: http://ww.lemongrassrest-ky.com/menu
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

by Margie L » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:01 pm

I hope it sticks in the location. So far, the neighborhood response on NextDoor has been really positive.
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Wed May 15, 2019 10:29 pm

My first ever visit was two weeks ago with friends, went back again tonight as a lone diner...most excellent. First trip was a seafood and beef dish (doesn't sound like it goes together, but it was good); tonight was a 5 star dish...jasmine rice with grilled chicken simmered in scallions and a sweet ginger sauce...mmmm.