Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Wick's Hikes Point

no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

Wick's Hikes Point

by Bryan Shepherd » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:02 am

Wick's just opened their Hikes Point location the other day. I believe the Goose Creek location closed down and this is where they moved. It looks like this may be a good move for the brand, although I am not sure if Pizza Place will be able to withstand the competition from another pizzeria less than 1/4 mile away.

With a full bar and late night hours, The Golden Nugget and Hikes Point Lounge better up their game too :lol: :lol:
BShep
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Wick's Hikes Point

by Mark R. » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:53 pm

Bryan Shepherd wrote:Wick's just opened their Hikes Point location the other day. I believe the Goose Creek location closed down and this is where they moved. It looks like this may be a good move for the brand, although I am not sure if Pizza Place will be able to withstand the competition from another pizzeria less than 1/4 mile away.

With a full bar and late night hours, The Golden Nugget and Hikes Point Lounge better up their game too :lol: :lol:

Their lease wasn't renewed for the Goose Creek location because the area is going to be redeveloped. Obviously going from Goose Creek to Hikes Point their patrons are not going to follow them, they will have to develop a whole new customer base. I'm really surprised I didn't find another location close by the Goose Creek location that was closing. That location did a large business and there are other locations available in the area.

I haven't heard one other business are going to be displaced by the redevelopment but hopefully one of them won't be Goose Creek diner.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Mark R. wrote:I haven't heard one other business are going to be displaced by the redevelopment but hopefully one of them won't be Goose Creek diner.

Or Taj Palace! :cry:
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Or Taj Palace! :cry:

Very True!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking