Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

Menus and info for BNB advertising

by Linda C » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi folks! I’m opening an air bnb in the Highlands in a couple weeks. I’m compiling a book of local menus, attractions, etc. One place I visited said they don’t have menus to put in a book, so I thought it would be best to find menus online, print and use them, plus include web and Facebook info. I saw a nice Highlands map, but things change so often there! In fact, some online menus are quite different as well. Is it legal to do this, anyone have any suggestions for me?
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Menus and info for BNB advertising

by Mark R. » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:49 pm

If you are just printing them and putting them in a book for your guests to use I don't see how it would be a problem in any way. Actually, I guess is the restaurants would encourage it because you are promoting their restaurants. However, if you decide to compile them and put them in a book that you are planning on selling it probably would be a very different matter.

How big of an area are you planning on including restaurants from? Obviously you want ones from the Highlands but what about downtown, NULU, St. Matthews, Crescent Hill etc.? You obviously have to limit but once you put in it but those areas are all very accessible from the Highlands.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:04 pm

My place is across from Molly Malone’s. Of course, I want to include everything within that area, but I’m also going to include NuLu, Frankfort Ave as well. I am also going to add a few of my favorites but I am going to have magazines..Food and Dining, Louisville edibles , etc on the tables. I’m also including a reference to this site. Overall, I want to encourage people to try many great places here and include info on bus routes. The pamphlet stuff is easily obtained...the zoo. Museums, etc. I’ve learned a lot by staying in several and researching a lot!
no avatar
User

charles.minter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:43 am

by charles.minter » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:14 pm

You can find tablets and cheap chromebooks online. Maybe another option is to buy one and bookmark local restaurants, places of interest and useful sites about the city. I’d think that would be pretty useful if I was a guest.
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

by RichardM » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:12 pm

charles.minter wrote:You can find tablets and cheap chromebooks online. Maybe another option is to buy one and bookmark local restaurants, places of interest and useful sites about the city. I’d think that would be pretty useful if I was a guest.

This is probably the best idea I have every heard. Excellent.

I would however delete the user history after each visit. :D
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.