Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Top Chef is coming to KY

by James Natsis » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:53 pm

Adriel Gray wrote:
James Natsis wrote: Maybe I'll get a Davy Crockett hat for the occasion.

Sir,, you surely must mean Daniel Boone, not that sissy Crockett, he was from Tennessee. :roll:

Could not resist. :D :D :D

Ha, ha....that just shows you what this born and bred bloke from Missouri knows about Ky and Tn history!
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:11 pm

James Natsis wrote:Ha, ha....that just shows you what this born and bred bloke from Missouri knows about Ky and Tn history!

Remember, though, that Dan'l Boon up and moved to Missouri when Kentucky got too crowded.
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

by Joni L » Tue May 08, 2018 4:41 pm

I am stoked about Top Chef coming to KY! I think it's the best food show on TV. The chefs cook their buns off! I've been following their Twitter feed, and there's not much action (other than a lot of junk about Real Housewives). However, they did publish a nice article about KY around Tom C and Graham Elliot coming to Derby this year.

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/the-fea ... y-pictures

My question for the troops: why their interest in Lake Cumberland? Lex and Lou I totally get, but the last time I was in the Lake Cumberland area (to be fair - it was at least a year and a half ago), it was mostly just the small-town restaurants you find in most lake towns. I did a little bit of internet research and didn't come up with much, so I would love to be enlightened!

Joni
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Wed May 09, 2018 12:52 am

My guess is that LC is the out of doors, roughing it episode. In CO they camped on a mountain in the snow,
no avatar
User

Tony G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 am

Louisville Ky 40214

by Tony G » Wed May 16, 2018 7:57 pm

Padmi posted pics on Twitter today. Looked like they were at Feast. Does anyone know where they are filming? Any chance to get in the audience? TG
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Wed May 16, 2018 9:14 pm

So it was. A bit of an update here, seems their itinerary is under wraps.

https://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle ... bout-food/
User

kathy m

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:54 pm

by kathy m » Fri May 18, 2018 11:50 am

They were filming at the Henry Clay downtown, yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/167546614032711/about/ --for updates and sightings
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Mon May 21, 2018 11:28 pm

Tony G wrote:Padmi posted pics on Twitter today. Looked like they were at Feast. Does anyone know where they are filming? Any chance to get in the audience? TG
I wonder if Feast tossed 'em out after 90 minutes?! :wink: :wink:
User

Adriel Gray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Louisville Slugger

by Adriel Gray » Fri May 25, 2018 2:37 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
James Natsis wrote:Ha, ha....that just shows you what this born and bred bloke from Missouri knows about Ky and Tn history!

Remember, though, that Dan'l Boon up and moved to Missouri when Kentucky got too crowded.

In my imagination that was just an unfortunate hunting trip once he shot out all the bears in Can-Tuck. As far as I'm concerned he currently resides, with Rebecca in Frankfort. :P
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SilvioM » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Top Chef was at Whole Foods tonight. They had big signs on the doors stating that filming was taking place, might not want to enter if you don't want to get filmed. I did, was asked to sign a waiver after I walked through a shoot.

I've not seen the show so I don't know what was going on, but it seemed like contestants were speedily zipping around the store, a la Supermarket Sweep, but not quite that frantic. Lots of cameras and PAs around, more than there were actual customers, it seems. Interesting sight, might have to finally watch the show.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:16 am

I called it! I was there earlier and saw all the cameras and PAs and said to my friend that I bet TC was filming there tonight. I would have expected them to be more stocked up.
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

by Margie L » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:20 pm

I went to Lexington Tuesday to be in a shoot at Rupp Arena. Down to 6 contestants. Coach Cal was one of the judges, so was Edward Lee. Ed said 'Go Cards' and got a good cheer from all of us masquerading as Cats fans.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SilvioM » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:08 pm

Good stuff -- it is well known in Japan that slimy, gooey foods are good for the body, so it's nice that the show is recognizing that by featuring Coach Cal. :evil:

Any guess as to when this thing will air? Luckily for me, I wore a bright orange shirt at WF, so if you see a traffic cone walking through produce, that's me.
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

by Margie L » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:39 am

I should add, when we got back in town Tuesday evening, we went to Silvios for a nice glass of wine and baked ziti. :D

The Kentucky Top Chef will start airing in December or January.
no avatar
User

stacey.borah

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:48 pm

by stacey.borah » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:52 pm

Margie--so jealous! How did you get to participate in the chaos?
PreviousNext