Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

CSB-Community Supported Baking

by Mark R. » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:29 pm

Like most of you I had never heard the above-mentioned term until recently. While looking at the MozziPi website we found this: https://www.artisanbreadclasses.com/com ... ry-program. Much like CSA is for produce, CSB is for baked products. You sign up for a given number of weeks, you pay a set amount and get a loaf of a special bread each Friday.

I certainly love bread and love this place so we went ahead and signed up for it. So far we've gotten bread for three weeks, each one different but very good. The first week with a sourdough made with 30% North Dakota red wheat, last week was a multigrain bread with Millet, Flax seeds, Black sesame seeds, Rye chops (cracked rye berries), and toasted sunflower seeds. This week's was a Honey Oat Bread.

Each week as a surprise and they said we will getting along the way Foccia, English muffins, etc. among others. It's certainly something that if your bread liker you may want to look into.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: CSB-Community Supported Baking

by Robin Garr » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:00 pm

I love MozzaPi. They’re right up there with Blue Dog and may even surpass them. :shock:
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:10 pm

I'm interested! I would also like to take one of their bread making classes sometime!
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:49 am

I love every part of this. Friday Mystery Bread sounds like one of the best things you can have during a week.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY