Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Gift Cards

no avatar
User

Will Terry

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Gift Cards

by Will Terry » Tue May 22, 2018 9:55 am

My boss has offered me a gift card because I'm awesome... I thought Ole had some that covered all their restaurants but can't find it... any suggestions?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Gift Cards

by Robin Garr » Tue May 22, 2018 10:20 am

I think they probably still have it. Before Christmas they were offering gift cards for 20 percent off, but I assume they continue selling them at regular price. Can't hurt to give them a shout!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 8085430782
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue May 22, 2018 10:55 am

Just an FYI, they just sold Mercato.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue May 22, 2018 11:02 am

JustinHammond wrote:Just an FYI, they just sold Mercato.

Following backing out of Joe's Older Than Dirt? Hmm. I wonder if they're feeling overextended, or changing focus to chaining El Taco Luchador.
no avatar
User

Will Terry

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 4:00 pm

by Will Terry » Tue May 22, 2018 11:20 am

JustinHammond wrote:Just an FYI, they just sold Mercato.

That's a bummer. Hopefully it remains good.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue May 22, 2018 11:25 am

"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Tue May 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Just FYI, the Ole Group gift cards are also no longer good at Mussel and Burger Bar. Not sure of the details enough to venture an explanation other than to say I know the group is still involved but in a different capacity. My understanding is that nothing is wrong, just a focusing on other things. I do believe Steak and Bourbon is till coming.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue May 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Kris Billiter wrote:Just FYI, the Ole Group gift cards are also no longer good at Mussel and Burger Bar. Not sure of the details enough to venture an explanation other than to say I know the group is still involved but in a different capacity. My understanding is that nothing is wrong, just a focusing on other things. I do believe Steak and Bourbon is till coming.

What about Guacamole? That was actually his 1st 1 after his return to Louisville, is it still part of the group and taking Ole Group gift cards?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Tue May 22, 2018 8:21 pm

Mark R. wrote:
Kris Billiter wrote:Just FYI, the Ole Group gift cards are also no longer good at Mussel and Burger Bar. Not sure of the details enough to venture an explanation other than to say I know the group is still involved but in a different capacity. My understanding is that nothing is wrong, just a focusing on other things. I do believe Steak and Bourbon is till coming.

What about Guacamole? That was actually his 1st 1 after his return to Louisville, is it still part of the group and taking Ole Group gift cards?

Yes. Guacamole, Luchador and Artesano are all still accepting the gift cards
User

Alexis Rich

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm

by Alexis Rich » Sun May 27, 2018 8:44 pm

Just found out the hard way that the gift card that has Mercato Italiano logo on the front of it is not being accepted. The server was nice about it (but acted as if I should've known about the sale) but a sign on the door might have made it easier. Dinner was good but a little heavy on the garlic and we love garlic. That's saying something.