Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Restaurant Wars?

User

Alexis Rich

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm

Restaurant Wars?

by Alexis Rich » Mon May 21, 2018 4:23 pm

Ok. I'm just going to come out with it. I want an invite. If anyone knows how to make this happen, please send me a message. I realize this is incredibly gauche and rather tacky. Do not confuse my acknowledgment of that fact with an apology. :wink:

Cheers!
Alexis

Robin-if this needs to be moved to another forum or deleted altogether, I understand.
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

Re: Restaurant Wars?

by Michele Janosek » Mon May 21, 2018 4:30 pm

::raising hand:: ME TOO!!!! Unashamedly begging everyone I know for any info I can find...
no avatar
User

Jeremy Coker

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:09 am

by Jeremy Coker » Mon May 21, 2018 4:49 pm

If that is tacky then call me tacky because I would love an invite too! The always have events where they serve too and I would be happy just to attend one of those.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon May 21, 2018 7:43 pm

Okay, I obviously missed the memo about whatever this is. Can somebody please fill me in on what they want to go to because we would probably love to go to it also!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Alexis Rich

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm

by Alexis Rich » Mon May 21, 2018 7:55 pm

Mark, you definitely want to go. On the TV show Top Chef, the final 8 cheftestants divide into 2 teams. Each team opens a pop-up restaurant and serve about 50 diners each. It looks like so much fun to be a guest and I’ve always wanted to do it and now that they’re in Louisville, this might be my only chance. I don’t even want to be on camera or anything. I just want the food and to see if I’m taller than Tom Collichio.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon May 21, 2018 8:08 pm

Thanks for filling me in, it's definitely not a show we watch on a regular basis. That matter we watch very few of the food competition shows all that we do watch several of the shows on Food Network regularly.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon May 21, 2018 8:11 pm

Alexis Rich wrote:Robin-if this needs to be moved to another forum or deleted altogether, I understand.

Nah, you're good. :)
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

by Joni L » Tue May 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Hi Mark,

Top Chef is worth the watch! In my opinion, I think it's the single best food tv program out there. The chefs cook their fannies off, and the judges are so knowledgeable about food. And Top Chef Masters - don't get me started! Legends out the yin-yang! It's the only tv show that I actually go back and re-watch.

I know Hulu has lots of past Top Chef seasons, including Top Chef Masters.

Cheers!
Joni
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Tue May 22, 2018 11:26 pm

Joni Lemke wrote:Hi Mark,

Top Chef is worth the watch! In my opinion, I think it's the single best food tv program out there. The chefs cook their fannies off, and the judges are so knowledgeable about food. And Top Chef Masters - don't get me started! Legends out the yin-yang! It's the only tv show that I actually go back and re-watch.

I know Hulu has lots of past Top Chef seasons, including Top Chef Masters.

Cheers!
Joni

Agreed. .. Also Louisville has had two chefs compete. Chef Petty .. Decca and Chef Edward Lee.
This seems to be a straight forward competition as opposed to the Ramsey bulls..t shows.

This show is on Bravo network.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Wed May 23, 2018 10:32 am

I can't watch cooking game shows anymore. After I found out MasterChef was rigged, it just kind of killed it for me. I hope these other shows (nonFOX) have more integrity, but I'm jaded now.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY