Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Flavour restaurant

by Rich S » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Has anyone heard anything about a new restaurant called Flavour? It just got a liquor license for what I think is the old Asiatique location (1767 Bardstown Road), but I couldn't find anything about it online.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Flavour restaurant

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Sounds like a new sighting!
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:24 am

I've walked past it several times, peeked in the window and it doesn't look close to being ready. Still, they already have two glowing signs up, but no online presence or opening in sight. I'll post when I notice something.

Also in the area, 80/20 Kaelins (something like that) is a few weeks away from opening. Shiraz opened a few weeks back in the Planet spot (it's fine as a quick cheap bite, like a Mediterranean Q'Doba). Up the road, the closed Mellow Mushroom is rumored to be a Joella's someday. And Martin's BBQ, in the old Lynn's spot, seems to be getting closer.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:25 am

Thanks for the updates, Silvio!
no avatar
User

Will Terry

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 4:00 pm

by Will Terry » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:15 pm

SilvioM wrote:I've walked past it several times, peeked in the window and it doesn't look close to being ready. Still, they already have two glowing signs up, but no online presence or opening in sight. I'll post when I notice something.

Also in the area, 80/20 Kaelins (something like that) is a few weeks away from opening. Shiraz opened a few weeks back in the Planet spot (it's fine as a quick cheap bite, like a Mediterranean Q'Doba). Up the road, the closed Mellow Mushroom is rumored to be a Joella's someday. And Martin's BBQ, in the old Lynn's spot, seems to be getting closer.

Is the Shiraz the same as the other Shiraz's in town?

I say the same, but they seem to be variable in quality with the Shiraz to Go near the Costco and the Shiraz in Holiday Manor to be the ones I prefer.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:35 pm

I found a little more information in a job posting:

FLAVOUR is a new chic & stylish restaurant located in the heart of the Highlands featuring traditional Caribbean, Creole & Soul cuisine fused with unique spices to create an authentic culinary experience. We are currently seeking to fill all front of house and kitchen positions for a fun and fast paced upscale environment.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:19 pm

Thanks, Rich! Sounds promising. One thought, though ...

traditional Caribbean, Creole & Soul cuisine

upscale environment

These two things are not often seen together. :mrgreen:
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:36 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Thanks, Rich! Sounds promising. One thought, though ...

traditional Caribbean, Creole & Soul cuisine

upscale environment

These two things are not often seen together. :mrgreen:

Ah, but when it's done right...
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

MichaelBolen

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:03 pm

by MichaelBolen » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:25 pm

I drove by....cannot even read the sign from a half a block away! I have a feeling the place will not last long if that is any indication of their business sense. However, I wish them luck in an interesting genre that could be a tough sell as a neighborhood tuck away.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:51 am

https://www.facebook.com/FlavourLouisville/

Facebook page, not much on it.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SilvioM » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:35 pm

I was walking past it the other day and noticed a guy that I work with who is one of the owners. (Support your local teachers!) Anyway, I got a sneak peak and it looks very nice -- sleek design, same layout as Asiatique so each room has a different vibe, plenty of outdoor seating, and a nice looking bar. I didn't see a menu, but they are getting there, very excited about this venture.

The opening date is May 11.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Tue May 01, 2018 11:05 pm

There's a website now, with a menu. Looks like a good variety of Creole and Caribbean dishes.

http://flavourlouisville.com
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SilvioM » Fri May 11, 2018 3:10 pm

It opens today, will check it out in a week or so after things smooth out. The price point is encouraging, nothing over $12.
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

by Gordon M Lowe » Fri May 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Unfortunately, I was never in Asiatique, but I really want to try this new place after looking at that interesting menu.
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Thu May 17, 2018 1:42 pm

My wife and I tried it last night and we were both impressed. They’ve done a nice job with the decor, with a comfortable looking deck as well. We sampled the conch fritters, jerk chicken, fried chicken, mac and cheese, and greens. Everything was delicious. I found the jerk to be as tasty as any I had in Jamaica (the hits of allspice before each bite really brought me back), the conch fritters as well. I’m anxious to return to try their beef pattie—no room for it last night, and I also want to dip into the more Cajun-inspired portion of the menu. I hope they do well because I can see many returns.
Next